"Antique" scope mounting question

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Smitty 308, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Smitty 308

Smitty 308 New Member

Seems like when I need an answer I always end up here:)
    I bought a used, "antique style" brass, scope for my Sharps 45-70. It's the one Dixie Gunworks sells. I got the scope second hand. It looks like all the parts are there and I can generally, see how it should mount. Does anyone have experience, instructions, a diagram or any other help so I don't mess things up trying to fly by the seat of my pants?
    Thanks,
  2. Smitty 308

Smitty 308 New Member

Disregard my question. Found the info on the Dixie site. The product description pretty much explains everything. I never claimed to be the sharpest spoon in the drawer. Now I have proved it.:eek:
  3. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Crap, just when I was going to share my infinite wisdom and advise you to "Ask Dixie....":p