Antonio Zolli

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mr.t7024, Nov 12, 2009.

1. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

I have a twenty gauge Antonio Zolli 3 inch mag o/u shotgun. It is marked Silver Snipe on left hand side of upper barrel,just in front of the receiver. On the right hand side of the upper barrel,just in front of the receiver it reads Special Nickel-Chrome Steel Nitro Proved . Both sides of the receiver reads Antonio Zoli, underneath the name,Gardonne V.T. The receiver is aluminum in color, my magnet adheres to it.It is in excellent shape. Barrels are 26", single trigger. I am curious what it is worth!
  2. Contenderizer

Contenderizer New Member

The company Antonio Zoli is located in Brescia, Italy, and they manufacture a variety of modestly priced side-by-side and over/under shotguns for import to the US. Your Silver Snipe sells for about $650 new. In excellent condition expect about $500-550 if you have all of the choke tubes.
  3. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

This shotgun was bought used in 1980,i am surprised it is still made todat. Thanks!
  4. 9 fingers

9 fingers New Member

There current lineup of shotguns that are imported range from $3995 to $15,600. Modestly priced? I guess if you are comparing them to a $50,000 Greener they are modestly priced. They importer has a nice webpage if you do a search and there is also an Italian webpage that shows how they are manufactured. Try zoli.it to start if you want to learn more.
    9 fingers
  5. Contenderizer

Contenderizer New Member

mrt asked what HIS gun was worth, not what the current line-up was going for. Never the less I am willing to concede that value is in the eye of the beholder and "modestly priced" is subjective.

Having said that, I'll bet that the vast majority of guns Zoli manufactures for import to the US are not the $15,600 engraved examples. Therefore I stand corrected - $3,995 isn't modesty priced - it cheap!
  6. 9 fingers

9 fingers New Member

LOL! I must be on a lower pay scale than you Contenderizer. Is still think any gun over $1,000 is a lot of money. Probably why I buy almost all my guns used. I have an Angelo Zoli 12 ga OU and it is my most expensive gun and a beauty, and my wife bought it for me for Christmas. Other than that the Franchi AL-48, Ithaca 37 Lightweight, Iver Johnson Matted Rib 16 ga., Western Field 550 (Mossberg 500 only nicer) and a variety of H&R Toppers all cost me less than $200 a piece and they are all in 85% condition or better. I will not be ordering a Greener in my lifetime. So $3,995 is cheap for a shotgun? Wow.
  7. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

Thanks, I do appreciate your help