Any body had experience with the big auction houses?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sck, Feb 7, 2006.

1. sck

sck Member

I'm going to be getting rid of the collection through one of the big auction houses. Has anyone here had dealings with Rock Island, Devine, Amoskeag, etc.? I like Martin's auctions, but he's in the People's Republic of Kalifornia. There is a guy in northern Ohio, the "Gunrunner," but I've had problems with him. So, any body with experiences with the others? I'd sure like to hear from you. Thanks
  2. sarzak

sarzak New Member

is there any reason you don't just put it all on gunbroker or gunauction.com?
    you wouldn't have to pay the auctioneer. im sure you could partner up with a local gunshop to do the transfers for a lot less. you probably spent a lot of time building the collection, why not spend some time making sure you get the most out of it?
  3. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Don't forget Auction Arms, Manny and his crew run a tight ship.
  4. sck

sck Member

Thanks guys, but the internet thing is too long, too labor intensive and finally too much trouble. The best thing for me is simply to hand it all over to someone. I just can't decide which one. It will probably go to Rock Island because it is the closest. I'll take a couple of days, rent a truck; load everything up and drive on over. Thanks again. Steve