Any body recognize this part?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by stev32k, Nov 4, 2012.

1. stev32k

stev32k Active Member

Cleaning off my work bench I found a very small pin of some kind in the area used to unpack the new Hornady LNL press, Hornady dies, RCBS bullet feeder, and Lee universal decapping die. I have no idea where it came from or if it is some part of the reloading equipment.

I would hate to have something screw up for lack of a small roll pin. So just thought I would post a picture and see if it rings a bell with anyone.

Attached Files:

2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

It is a decapping pin, just have to look and see which of your die sets it goes to.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

4. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

If none of your sizing/decapping dies are missing that pin, it's probably a spare. I have had a couple of my Hornady die sets come with a spare pin in the box.

Look on page 8 of the die set pamphlet and you'll see an exploded drawing of all the parts for each die in your set.
    PDF manual here if you don't have the paper version. http://www.hornady.com/support/downloads/users-manuals/current
  5. stev32k

stev32k Active Member

AH ha - that's it. It came from the 9mm die set. I looked at my 40 caliber set that is unopened and see a spare decapping pin is packaged with the Allen wrench they provide. I didn't see it when I opened the 9mm set.

thanks