Any cheese lovers out there? Chunk cheese, cooking or on a dish what do you like?

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by mjp28, Jul 3, 2012.

1. bobski

bobski Former Guest

smoked gouda.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  2. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

i havn't tasted a cheese yet that i didn't like
    ever try chocolate cheese?
  3. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I've eaten a lot of cheeses but choclate cheese? New one on me, what's the deal with that?
  4. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

I love cheese dream about cheese. My last check up very high levels of LDL cholestrol. Well hell that stopped the high cheese diet.:(
  5. Clipper

Clipper Active Member

Don't turn down a good Stilton. Sure, it's a bit pricey, and it does have a distinct aroma, some folks say it stinks, but what a great nutty flavor! Dublin Chedder is also a favorite, and in a pinch, I'll even down American cheese on a cracker, with a good full flavored beer, preferably German (after all, I lived in Berlin for 6 or so years) but Shiner brews an acceptable potable...
  6. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Former Guest

The only cheese I don't love or even care for is brie.Anything else is fair game. Especially love any one of the moldy/foot smelling cheeses.
  7. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Former Guest

8. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Last night I was thinking....."geezz do I wish I had some colby or brick or pepperjack or any cheese to snack on with some sliced pepperoni or hard salami". <getting the cheese munchies>

Well the wife was just sitting there, said nothing.

I figured I'd just go frig raiding anyhow.

Then I saw a pile of stuff in the meat keeper, colbyjack, pepperjack, a little brick left and a bag of sliced pepperoni plus crackers, OH YEAH.

Sometimes the simple things in life are pretty darn good.:)

And "Thanks sweetie". :eek:
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  9. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I love/like about any cheese but have yet to try Limburgher.
  10. Albtraum

Albtraum Active Member

ya i luv chez
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

cheap cheese made wonderful by me , no smirking ok !

take a 3-4mm thick fillet off a live blue tuna wipe it through
    a sauce made of
    2 tspoons fish sauce
    2 soy
    juice 1 whole lemon
    1/3 tspoon cracked peper and allow to sit for 15 mins for everything to blend

unlevened rye roll split , butter if you wish

slice of jarlsberg cheese over the fish on the roll and hit with gas torch to get cheese bubbling and to cook the fish , when cheese is bubbling , eat

amazing eh
  12. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah the gas torch gives it that amazing touch alright.

I do like cheese and tuna but it generally starts with a can opener, I do like tuna filets though.

I also like tuna in oil (or water if the wife is watching our diets), I like to chop up onion, mix with tuna and a little mayo, lightly toast up some jewish rye, pumpernickel even white bread, a little mayo, put the tuna on open face style and then melt some cheese on the stove on a hot grill with a lid over.....or a quickie no fuss microwave to melt the cheese. Optional a few splashes of your favorite hot sauce.

Now types, well almost anything goes! Swiss, Wisconsin brick, colby, whatever.

Some green onions on the side, OH YEAH, quickie meal. :)
  13. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Huge cheese fan, favorite cows milk are Muenster, sharp cheddar and pepper jack. Love goats milk cheeses too, Feta is a given, but for a real treat try some Humboldt Fog. Hard to find, but absolutely TASTY !!
    Most any cheese except for those that over-power the sinuses; just too many other tasty options out there to deal with foul smelling cheese even if it "tastes good".
  14. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

For years we used to get this Amish Tomato & Garlic Yogurt cheese from this little country market, a light white cheese it was fantastic -but- sadly that place closed.

Well a new bigger place opened closer to us with much more selection including an Amish Tomato & Garlic cheese (not yogurt?) it's a bit thicker but still really good. Plus some salami, pepperoni and other stuff, those Amish really have some good stuff, people wait in lines for their donuts, only opened 4 days a week but good!
  15. David13

David13 Active Member Supporting Member

Cheddar. Cheddar cheese. Chunks, mostly. With crackers, or bread, or whatever.
    I probably eat at least 25 pounds a year. Maybe 50.
    And my cholesterol is ok.
    dc