1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Any cheese lovers out there? Chunk cheese, cooking or on a dish what do you like?

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by mjp28, Jul 3, 2012.

1. bobski

bobski Former Guest

smoked gouda.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  2. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

i havn't tasted a cheese yet that i didn't like
    ever try chocolate cheese?
  3. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I've eaten a lot of cheeses but choclate cheese? New one on me, what's the deal with that?
  4. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

I love cheese dream about cheese. My last check up very high levels of LDL cholestrol. Well hell that stopped the high cheese diet.:(
  5. Clipper

Clipper Active Member

Don't turn down a good Stilton. Sure, it's a bit pricey, and it does have a distinct aroma, some folks say it stinks, but what a great nutty flavor! Dublin Chedder is also a favorite, and in a pinch, I'll even down American cheese on a cracker, with a good full flavored beer, preferably German (after all, I lived in Berlin for 6 or so years) but Shiner brews an acceptable potable...
  6. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Former Guest

The only cheese I don't love or even care for is brie.Anything else is fair game. Especially love any one of the moldy/foot smelling cheeses.
  7. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Former Guest

8. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Last night I was thinking....."geezz do I wish I had some colby or brick or pepperjack or any cheese to snack on with some sliced pepperoni or hard salami". <getting the cheese munchies>

Well the wife was just sitting there, said nothing.

I figured I'd just go frig raiding anyhow.

Then I saw a pile of stuff in the meat keeper, colbyjack, pepperjack, a little brick left and a bag of sliced pepperoni plus crackers, OH YEAH.

Sometimes the simple things in life are pretty darn good.:)

And "Thanks sweetie". :eek:
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  9. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I love/like about any cheese but have yet to try Limburgher.
  10. Albtraum

Albtraum Active Member

ya i luv chez
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

cheap cheese made wonderful by me , no smirking ok !

take a 3-4mm thick fillet off a live blue tuna wipe it through
    a sauce made of
    2 tspoons fish sauce
    2 soy
    juice 1 whole lemon
    1/3 tspoon cracked peper and allow to sit for 15 mins for everything to blend

unlevened rye roll split , butter if you wish

slice of jarlsberg cheese over the fish on the roll and hit with gas torch to get cheese bubbling and to cook the fish , when cheese is bubbling , eat

amazing eh
  12. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah the gas torch gives it that amazing touch alright.

I do like cheese and tuna but it generally starts with a can opener, I do like tuna filets though.

I also like tuna in oil (or water if the wife is watching our diets), I like to chop up onion, mix with tuna and a little mayo, lightly toast up some jewish rye, pumpernickel even white bread, a little mayo, put the tuna on open face style and then melt some cheese on the stove on a hot grill with a lid over.....or a quickie no fuss microwave to melt the cheese. Optional a few splashes of your favorite hot sauce.

Now types, well almost anything goes! Swiss, Wisconsin brick, colby, whatever.

Some green onions on the side, OH YEAH, quickie meal. :)
  13. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Huge cheese fan, favorite cows milk are Muenster, sharp cheddar and pepper jack. Love goats milk cheeses too, Feta is a given, but for a real treat try some Humboldt Fog. Hard to find, but absolutely TASTY !!
    Most any cheese except for those that over-power the sinuses; just too many other tasty options out there to deal with foul smelling cheese even if it "tastes good".
  14. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

For years we used to get this Amish Tomato & Garlic Yogurt cheese from this little country market, a light white cheese it was fantastic -but- sadly that place closed.

Well a new bigger place opened closer to us with much more selection including an Amish Tomato & Garlic cheese (not yogurt?) it's a bit thicker but still really good. Plus some salami, pepperoni and other stuff, those Amish really have some good stuff, people wait in lines for their donuts, only opened 4 days a week but good!
  15. David13

David13 Active Member Supporting Member

Cheddar. Cheddar cheese. Chunks, mostly. With crackers, or bread, or whatever.
    I probably eat at least 25 pounds a year. Maybe 50.
    And my cholesterol is ok.
    dc