Any comments on Taurus millenium pro 45?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by PLINKER45, Oct 18, 2005.

1. PLINKER45

PLINKER45 Member

I am thining about purchasing a 45 millenium pro and would like to have some input on what everybody thinks about them?
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Hey...

I wish I knew more about the piece in question, I'm sure someone who does will come along shortly.

But in the meantime, Welcome to TFF!

Hope you become part of the family

Crpdeth

Attached Files:

3. lead

lead Active Member

Welcome to the forum!
    A friend bought one, used, and was very impressed with the function and accuracy.
    Be sure it's what you really want though. Taurus makes some fine stuff, but resale values aren't anywhere near what a S&W or Ruger would bring. Maybe that's just in my area though.
    Good luck.
  4. PLINKER45

PLINKER45 Member

I spent about an hour at the local gun shop last night comparing it to other versions of the same thing(glock, xd, etc...). The price is quite a bit less, but the Taurus had a better feel to it than anything else. The other option would be a kimber Ultra carry, but that is a lot more $$$.
  5. rimshot

rimshot New Member

One of the most important factors when choosing a new gun is feel. I have a PT-40 Pro and I love it. I am a retired cop and have owned and shot nearly everything made. The Pro just feels good in my hand. I have ran several hundred rounds through her and never had a hiccup. I also have a S&W Model 60 that I carry when I need something smaller for the clothes I am in. I don't worry too much about resale when buying a handgun. I carry concealed and performance is all I worry about. The Taurus does carry a lifetime warranty. Hope this helps...
  6. PLINKER45

PLINKER45 Member

I decided to go ahead and buy the mil. pro 45 yesterday, and might i say that it is a pretty nice little gun. I put about a 100 rounds of reloads through it and it never blinked. I think it will make a nice addition to my collection.
  7. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Thanks for the range report, Plinker. Glad you are pleased with it.
  8. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

plinker45,

I have the third generation PT-145 Millennium Pro (with the light rail) and have over 2000 rounds through it. It has a sweet double action only trigger that gets smoother the more I shoot it. It has NEVER failed to fire on the first strike and is very accurate, Mine shoots to point of aim out to 20 yards.
    It is my daily BUG behind my 1911's and my primary office/church carry.

I can stick it in my front pocket of all of my pants and it almost disappears. I have several holsters that I use as well.

Here is mine and the lst target I shot with it.

Attached Files:

9. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Nice................. good shooting .......... what was the distance?
  10. PLINKER45

PLINKER45 Member

THAT IS THE EXACT SAME GUN THAT I JUST BOUGHT. I PUT ABOUT 350 ROUNDS THROUGH IT THIS WEEKEND, AND IT WAS FLAWLESS ONCE AGAIN.
  11. Mousegunner

Mousegunner New Member

12. denfoote

denfoote New Member

Hey Reverend,
    Let me know when you get to 650 rounds.
    That's the point where my frame started to crack!!
    Of course, it was the original PT-145.
    They might have improved this incarnation!!
  13. familywgn

familywgn New Member

My Grand-dad just bought one last month. We were out shooting yesterday with it. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it, though I'm a new shooter. He however has been around gun for the past 30+ year (ex-USAF) so he can put 2" groups at 20 yards. BTW, its a .40. Other than the shooting, I couldn't get comfortable with the grip. Even just holding it feels wierd.
  14. jeep45238

jeep45238 New Member

My freind bought a PT140 (.40S&W) just a month or two before I did, and we both personally love the guns. The only queef I have is that you can breath on her slide release and it'll go, where as mine you need to put a little more effort into it (however, it's not an obserd amount, pretty much dead-nuts with most of the medium-large frame pistols I've shot).

The gun is accurate as hell, but I'm not a great shot, I'm new to pistols. However, in the hands of a Sherrif range master and an ex-marine, it groups 2-3 inches 25 yards out.

On a side note, another freind of mine bought a Glock .40 with a 17 round mag for concealed carry. He looked at my gun, how light it was, how accurate it was for only haveing a 3.25" barrel, and that it was actually designed for Ohio's CCW laws.

Next day he went out and bought a PT145, which is the .45 version of the Millenium Pro's.

The original Millenium series did have problems with cracking frams (.45) and searing pins (9mm and .40), but the Millenium Pro does not share any of these problems at all.

And yes, I'm over 750 rounds with this gun so far.