The Firearms Forum banner

Any CZ Rifle Owners Up Here

8K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  snuffynra 
#1 ·
I just bought a CZ 550 American in 22-250 of GB this morning. I should have the gun here next week and I can't wait based on all the positive things I have heard about them. I was wondering if anyone up here has one and I would like to hear their comments.

I bought a Nikon 4.5-14x40mm Coyote Scope with their BDC system in it in matt balck to go on the gun.

CZ 550 American 22-250

See less See more
#2 ·
Got 4 of them,:D and a Brno 465 too.;) And there isn't a one of them for sale, ever. When I am gone, my daughters can fight over them though.:rolleyes:

They are all born to shoot.....some may need minor tweeking, but all I have seen will flat shot, give the chance. I am a Winchester fan in my safe, but a CZ fan with my working guns. Bought my first one in 1995, and haven't looked back. Old world quality, today.;)

Regards, Kirk

#3 ·
Yep, like yours but in 223. Very good shooting rifle. Sure hard to beat for the money! Just ask the local ground squirrels and coyotes. :)

PS: I prefer the 22-250 but this is what the guy was selling!

#4 ·
Yup, I've got a 550 American in 6.5x55. Beautiful rifle, excellent shooter, a definite keeper!
Mine is the fixed magazine (I see your 22-250 has the detachable box)...either one is fine with me though.

I won't hesitate to buy another one. I do want at least one FS model with the mannlicher-style stock too...just haven't decided what caliber to get it in.

#7 ·
Mines out for delivery to my FFL so I will be getting it this afternoon if all goes according to plan. Then I mount the Nikon Coyote Varmint 4.5-14x40mm scope I bought for it and then hit the range this weekend. From the sellers pictures mine has a pretty plain jane stock which is fine for a varmint rifle because all I care about is how accurate is it.

#9 ·
I have a CZ452 Varmint in 17HM2, a CZ 527 Varmint in 22 Hornet, and a CZ 550 American in 30-06. They are all well made beautiful guns priced at the time I bought them (over the last 10 years) below any equivalent gun on the market and with quality, fit and finish, design, and accuracy not matched by others anywhere close to their price point. The triggers are to kill for (except the 452 which is easily upgraded for pennies).

I have several CZ pistols (NO PLASTIC GUNS, THANK YOU): CZ 75B in 40 S&W, Kadet conversion in 22LR, a CZ 97B in 45ACP, and a Witness clone in 45ACP (same design, different manufacturer). All are excellent guns. I'd have more if they were available here in the USA before about 1997 (barred from importation... made in former eastern block country). That's why I have the Witness.

LDBennett

#10 ·
i have 2 cz rifles both 550s,one in 375H&H and 458 lott/win mag. i own many firearms,i have recommended the cz rifle many times.im not sure you can find a legitimate bitch from anyone. although all of my dealings with czs have been safari grade rifles .i would not hesitate to recommend one too anyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.