Any DirectBuy members here at TFF ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Nov 15, 2007.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

If there are...and i know you cannot devulge prices but my question is much more simple than that... Is the $590 membership worth it?? Or are the savings overrated??

mike
    gn
  2. durk

durk New Member

I would like to know also.:)
  3. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Hey Mike, I believe that the initial fee is considerably larger than what you stated. Should you go to the introduction and decline to become a member you can not go back later and join. I would advise that if you are building a house or remodeling with a cost in excess of $10,000.00 it is well worth the initiation costs. I have been to the introduction and declined to become a member as we do not have enough discretionary spending money to make it work for us. They were pretty pushy but not overly so and I felt that they were pretty up front about how things worked there. Overall I would recommend them,ONLY if you have a large project to complete. Hope this helps. I would give more specifics but one of the items they ask you to agree to is to not divulge prices if you join or not. catfish
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

They told me $590 was the membership cost.... They didn't say anything about any yearly fees so i don't know... but they did say it would cost $590 to join....

I could see buying a washer, dryer, dishwasher from them but couches and recliners can vary soo much in comfort that i cannot imagine buying them without sitting on them.
    They said they even have roofing supplies....
    A TV is another thing i cannot imagine buying like that. If it ain't right, it needs to go back to the store the same day it was delivered!!!!!

mike
    gn