any electronics guru's here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Txquadhunter, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

As some here already know. Im a disabled hunter/shooter. The adaptive rig I use is a 12v system that controls the elavation, rotasion and the trigger pull. The company I bought this from some 11 odd years ago has went under. I can't seem to find anyone to work on it. If I can find someone who could maybe get the elvation and trigger pull working would be great.

Now they have a company making much better rigs. But the rig I need cost $1,500 there is no way I can afford that. which it's found here. http://www.beadaptive.com/

So Im stuck with hopefully getting my stand fixed before hunting season. Ive missed the last 4 season due to stand not working.

Thanks.
    Jeremy
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Welcome to the Forum! I can't help you out on this one, but I'm sure that there are orginizations that will come to your aid. Have you contacted anyone? Your local government might be a place to start. Check with some of the shooting ranges in your area, and shooting clubs as well. Best of luck to you, I hope you find someone who will work on your rig.
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I spent about 50 years in electronics and have a little knowledge left. I'm still on speaking terms with electrons. ;)

What is the problem with the controls? Not working at all? Not holding position? ???

PM, email and YIM are all working, when I'm on line.

Pops
  4. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

The elavation was the first to stop working. while rotasion and trigger still worked. once it all failed I thought the cheap toggle switches they used failed since i had trouble with them it the past. replaced them with still no luck. they'd flicker kinda like it wasn't getting a good ground..
  5. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

These sound like eviromental controls for a quadrapolegic. It would help if there was some schematics available or if the item itself could be taken apart looked at.
  6. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

I've searched trying to find schematics with no luck.

This rig was built by Blackberry Tech.
  7. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    if i could get my paws on it i could probably fix it for ya,
    First thing to have chek'ed are connections and solder work.
    one of my jobs was elec. trouble shooter electro/mech.
    for houghs missile groups.
    Check especially any grnd. lugs.
  8. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

Sounds like kutaho is your man. It sounds like it might be a small DC motor controller with toggle switches.
  9. Was it the offer to promote you to "in flight missile targeting correction technician" that caused you to quit, kutaho? :D;):p
  10. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Nope, and not the guy with a hammer looking for dud's:D
    They wanted me to be an engineer, Ha, i was the guy they came to when all there fancy #'s failed;)
    I was bored, told em i was going to spend a couple of months on the Pacific Crest Trail. They said they wouldn't give the time off.
    I told em i wasn't asking:D
  11. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Jeremy, a few questions for you.
    I'm not too far south of you and was wondering if you ever make it down twoards the Waco area?
    If not, I do manage to make up to Dallas and the Plano area everyonce in awhile; I was up at Love Field last Thur....... yeah that doesn't do ya much good now, but I do get up there on occasion and would be willing to take a look at it the next time I head up that way.
    Other question would be, do you mind shipping it to Waco?
    This may be a quicker solution unless you could find someone at a gun club up that way.

I do make the gun shows up there when I'm not working, so I'll try to PM you if I'm certain that I'm heading that way. I sent a PM with my # and I can give you some references and such.

My background - Avionics/Electical Tech on F-18's USMC 91-98, FCC communications license with radar endorsement, currently employed as a utilites tech with a multitude of controls, PLC's and 138KVA experience. I have most any troubleshooting equipment that would be needed and don't need a schematic to figure out what is going on. Hell, if i needed a schematic I'd be in HUGE trouble at work, I don't think they know what documentation is. ( it is however quite nice to have when it's available :))

I do require payment though, usually in the form of a cold one, some friendly b.s., good BBQ or any combination thereof. ;)
  12. Did you ever get it straight that electrons are really not like little flies circling very fast around a big cow pie, Pops? I always had trouble with that, and when I suggested that analogy to my physics prof he almost had a coronary and wanted to flunk me. :D;):p
  13. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

Kutaho, Thanks! I'll keep ya' in mind. I'm gonna try Wolleyworm. He's a tad bit closer.

Woolley, I'm willing to ship. It shouldn't be that bad since all the electronics pulls off real easy.

I'm just a little East of Plano.

As for your payment my Buddies and I are highly skilled in the art of cold ones and friendly b.s.
  14. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Pistolen, it is NOT a cow pie. I used to call it by a differnt name, but lately I have referred to it as a "Pelosi Ball." :D

The fuzzy theory is fine for some, but the orbit theory is much easier to explain, easier for a student to visualize and works in the real world, ("Real world." So, that's why liberal professors don't understand it.)

Finding easy ways to explain the unseeable seems to be one of my fortes. I used to teach WordStar in one 10 hour session. The course work from Seymore was for a 3 day class.

Pops