Any Henry Big Boy Shooters Out There

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by DidI, Nov 17, 2011.

1. DidI

DidI New Member

:D
    Sure do like mine thus far. Just getting the Hornady Progresive dialed in, and working on understanding different recipe for power/bullet.
    It really is a sweet jewel to shoot. Puts me between a rock and a hard place. Good news - lots of demand for my woodworking skill which generated $$ for more shooting toys.
    Not so good news - want more time to shoot and not make sawdust. But will press on with the jobs at hand, and work the shooting in as the work load demands, and tomorrow may have another dry spell and then the air turns blue with burning gun powder.
    Recommendations from your experience? Jacket? Lead? Gas checks? big bullet? Little bullet? Primer preference? Fav powder? (some day I will get some bulk powder - gotta have it with a Hornady LnL AP)
    Poster elsewhere, but fell in love all over again with Hornady. The are HERO class in my book. Lorrie (sales at Hornady) for employee of the month.
    ;)Now a Nebraska joke of two... The football team has the big red N. A fan from Colorado tells me the red N stands for (k)nowledge.
    One day General Custer tell the troops: Bad news - Indians gonna kill us all, Good news - we don't got to go back through Nebraska.
    Truth Be Told - never met a Cornhusker I didn't like....and now I want to give Lorrie a hug for changing my rebate product.
    Maybe more bad news - loose shooting or shop time, or sleep time with this attractive shooting forum. What's a man to do?
    Later . . .:eek:
  2. savage170

savage170 Member

I have the .44 mag it has 2 deer and 6 hogs to it's credit thinking about getting the 45 colt so I have a partner to my ruger blackhawk
  3. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

sure wish Henry had a 454 in his line-up!
  4. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

The Big Boy is on the list of guns to get. A Savage MKI FVT 22LR w/ peep sights is next. The Henry will perhaps follow.

I have a Golden Boy and love it. I am thinking perhaps a 30-30 WIN since I already have lever guns in 44M and 45C. But then again another 44M would be nice since I do reload for it. But I also reload for the 45C. Choices, choices, choices!

Congrats on your Henry.