1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Any Homebrews for Hornady Magnum Ultrasonic cleaner

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by bobpayne44, Oct 24, 2011.

1. bobpayne44

bobpayne44 New Member

I just acquired a brand new Hornady Lock and Load Magnum Ultasonic Cleaner for about the price of 2 bottles of the hornady cleaning chemical

does anyone have any good home brews for Cleaning Brass?

or should i just bite the bullet and get some of the hornady stuff for brass and also their mix for Gun Cleaning.

Im thinking i will use it more for cleaning pistol parts as well as my AR Bolt and other small parts, because my Magnum Tumbler makes my brass look like new already unless the sonic cleans better i'll be testing that the next few days

I figured for $50.00 bucks i couldnt go wrong and it dont look like it has ever been used, i need to get on hornadys website and see if i can download the book though.
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

simple green
  3. bobpayne44

bobpayne44 New Member

Simple green for ?? I have read not to use simple green on anything related to a firearm or ammo.
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I've never cleaned brass in mine (I use a tumbler), but for gun parts I use 1 part Ballistol to 8 parts water. Works wonderfully.

I don't know if Simple Green would hurt anything, but in my opinion it stinks, so I don't use it.

'Course, there are those strange people that don't like the aroma of Ballistol. :confused: go figger.
  5. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

Lemishine and a drop of dish soap
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

simple green is harmless to firearms and ammo. Its a biodegradable degreaser. I use it to clean really dirty handgun parts. but i just use a small bucket and an old toothbrush.

Alpo is right, it is quite strong. i use it outside.
  7. The Duke

The Duke New Member

I use Ballistol and water with a good squirt of Dawn dishwashing liquid...