Any Hoosiers out there?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by treeppl, Feb 18, 2004.

1. treeppl

treeppl New Member

I'm thinking about taking a basic handgun class. Anyone have any suggestions for the Indianapolis area? Pop Guns and Don's guns both offer classes. Are they any good?
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Welcome to TFF treeppl! There are a few Indianer folk around here! Zig, Jay and Bullseye to name a few. Maybe they'll be along shortly to point out a place they go to! Myself I bee's a ..."Buckeye"...so if y'all ever need any help over here let me know!...;)
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Glad to see you at TFF, treeppl, and hope you enjoy it here and will become a frequent visitor.

We are a diverse group and enjoy a camaraderie unsurpassed anywhere on the Web. Our collective knowledge is some of the finest you will find anywhere and is unsurpassed.

Please pull up a stump and make yourself at home. We are dedicated to the preservation of the United States Constitution and those who gave their all to see it through from the beginning to the present. We hope it will be one of your favorite places. Finally, we would like you to feel that this is just as much your home as it is ours.

Attached Files:

4. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Welcome treeppl,

Whut's a hoosierer?

berto
  5. treeppl

treeppl New Member

Hoosiers are folks from Indian'r.
  6. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Well at least I know how ta spell it now!

treeppl, What Caliber Rifle/Pistol are you shooting?... :)
  7. Bullseye

Bullseye New Member

Welcome! Not too familiar with the Indy area but if you are ever in Muncie I'll be glad to show you the Muncie Pistol Club indoor range and shoot a few rounds as well!
  8. treeppl

treeppl New Member

Smokin - None at all yet. Just looking to learn. Probably start out with a .22. (rental). There is a lot of work to be done on the wife before Iwould ever buy one. I like the looks of the Buckmarks though.
  9. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

treeppl, If you can hook up with Bullseye, from your own homestate...The fella is the best Pistol shootist i've seen yet!...Rifle would be Jay (from your homestate also)! Looking forward to hooking up with these feller's someday to show me their tricks!...;)
  10. Jay

Jay New Member

Greetings treeppl,

I tried for over a month last summer to get into an NRA instructors class and couldn't find one that took less than several weeks, and there were no classes available cause they didn't want to teach less than 6 people, and didn't have enough interest. If you don't mind driving north a bit, Bullseye and I can meet you and show you what we know. Neither one of us are "experts, but we are competent. I live near Marion Indiana. Bulls eye and I have shot together before, and we'd enjoy a get together.

Regards, Jay

I'm not a bit impressed with Dons Guns, but I know nothing about PopGuns. I wouldn't hesitate a bit to ask them to furnish you with some references form prior students.