Any Ideas for a Primer Checker on a Progressive

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Caneman, Nov 4, 2011.

1. noylj

noylj Member

I watch my primer rod to be sure it goes down when it picks up a new primer. If not, I stop and pull the case prior to expand/charge.
    Too many lights and mirrors.
    Might as well get a bunch of web cams and have them aimed at different parts of the press so you can review the monitor before cycling the press.
    With the Hornady, you should rotate the primer tube to counterclockwise as you tighten the bolt to align the tube and shuttle. I understand that Hornady now includes a rod, like Dillons, to apply pressure to the stack of primers. I bought a Dillon rod about 3 or 4 years ago.
  2. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

one mirror and one small light, pretty simple:

[​IMG]
  3. sliclee

sliclee New Member

Its you and the machine. My 650 went to school, it learned to count and when there are 10 primers left it beeps me. It does the same thing if there is too little or too much powder in the case it beeps me.Seating primers is a no brainer, the adjustment is permanent boringly perfect. You push and feel the primer going in, you can even tell before you push harder if the primer is sideways and stop and correct.
    There is ONLY ONE!