Any Ideas on carry method/holster for S@W 39-2 9mm?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by mikewilson, Apr 3, 2008.

1. mikewilson

mikewilson New Member

Waiting on my CCW/HCP here in TN. Lookin' for recommendations on carry methods/holsters for my weapon. I'm 6'0" average build with a slight frontal
    overhang (the recreational 6-pack, not the athletic type!). Thanks for the
    info!
  2. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

Hey Mike welcome to the world of carry.

Help us out a little in order to better help you. Build is one thing, but what do you carry, do you want or prefer inside the pants or outside? Hip, SOB (not recommended) ankle (also not recommended).
    How do you dress and what are your normal activities on any given day or night. What is the weather like most of the time and do you carry more day time than dark etc.

Some of this info could help me or others to help you with some ideas.

I have told others many times and I think most agree that concealed carry is a very personal thing and for the most part no one holster or carry device is going to suffice for all occasions. But if you are familiar with carrying you are already aware of this.
    I much prefer for example, strong side hip inside the pants for nearly all situations and my clothes are fit to accomodate my style of carry. However, I also carry in a fanny pack when the situation demands something different. I hardly ever carry in an ankle holster any more and I NEVER, NEVER carry in the small of the back.
    But that is just my preference.

Let us know a little more about your likes and dislikes or at least answer some of the questions and I think you will have lots of people step up with some very good ideas to help you with your decisions.

remember though there is no such thing as "going cheap" on your choice of concealed carry devices. This is truly one of the places where you will get what you pay for and you are going to bet your life on the outcome of your choice. Mistakes are not forgiven.

UncleFudd
  3. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Have you picked a CCW as yet? Some can be pocket carried while others require more effort to conceal. I carry a Ruger SP101 in a Simply Rugged pocket protector or their pancake belt holster. If I'm riding in a vehicle any distance I like the Ken Null Vampire belt holster. There are many options available as UF indicated and your method may be dictated by what you choose to carry.
  4. mikewilson

mikewilson New Member

Main carry for now will be a S@W model 39-2 M@P semi-auto. Prefer a belt/pancake
    type if possible, although waistband is a possibility. I am also right-handed, and do not prefer a cross-draw. I also have a Jennings LR .22 semi-auto for back up. Printing will not be much of a problem with LEO, as I am a Tactical E.M.T./Trauma Tech, but I would like to keep the "Granny 911/Man With A Gun" calls to a minimum! Weather is usu. warm, and an overshirt wouldn't be much of a problem as long as it was lightweight.