1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Any info on Stoeger Cougars

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by rentalguy1, Nov 18, 2010.

1. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

I had to give up carrying the 1911 and PT92 earlier this year because of my back. I swiped the wife's PT709 Slim over the summer, but have switched out the the XD40 since the weather turned colder. Something about it just doesn't feel right. I love the gun, and shoot well with it. It just feels weird. I think it is because I prefer to carry OWB in a Fobus paddle holster, and it rides really high. Anyway, I noticed the Stoeger Cougar review in last month's G&A and it's a sweet looking gun. I'm a big fan of the M9 platform anyway, so it seems like a good fit. I've read several reviews online, and they were all pretty good. I want some first hand knowledge from someone that isn't being paid to write a article, though. I know if I go fondle one I'll probably end up buying it on impulse, so I get all the info I can up front.

Thanks!
  2. triplebike

triplebike New Member

rentalguy1, I have owned the Stoeger 8000 & currently own the 8045.

1st off it's a Beretta with Stoeger stamped on the side, they're made on Beretta machinery in Turkey.

I ran over 2500 rds through my 8000 of all different variations without a single failure of any kind. It had no noticeable wear anywhere on the gun. They are very accurate, easy to maintain & one of the softest shooting 9MM's available.

They are shipped with Beretta mags, & factory replacements are $20 everywhere.

Probably one of the very best handgun values available today. When they were made in Italy, they sold for little less than $700. Now you can get them NIB (same exact gun) for little less than $400.
  3. theammobroker

theammobroker New Member

The 8045 is next on my list. I have heard only good things about this entire series of guns. I have some experience with Stoeger customer service (on a shotgun) and found them to be very responsive.
  4. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

Thanks guys. I just realized that Taurus makes a pistol on this platform as well. The PT909, et. al.. Since I am a Taurus guy, I should probably look into them as well, even though they are actually a little more expensive.
  5. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

Luv my Stoeger Cougar compact 9mm you can't go wrong with a Cougar.