The Firearms Forum banner

Any info on this knife would be appreciated

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  accident 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm hoping Bill Deshivs or someone can tell me how old this knife is. It looks rough, but it is in very tight condition and extremly operational with razorshape and I mean razor sharper condition. I found this knife in the attic of my old house and remember where I got it, but thought I'd lost it lost. It has many memories to me.
It has Case XX USA on one side and ?265 on the other, with no dots. A deceased Sailor's mother gave it to me, he was my bud from long ago. I also got some other things too. Anything would be appreciated, no guessing
please

If Bill could engrave with a chisel, I would like to get a name put on it..

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm no Case expert either but I own a few.I think what you have is a 6265 Folding Hunter.The 6 should be barely visible,it's the handle type (wood) the 2 is 2-blade, 65 the model.I can't read your "case " stamp or shield from the photos but maybe you can while looking at it while watching the link above.I read somewhere this style was very popular with sailors.

#4 ·
Thanks Joe. I contacted Case and they said the knife was make between 1965 & 1966. My buddy had this knife on him when he was killed in NahBe Vietnam in 1967. I helped pack his seabag to send home to his folks. They wanted me to have his knife and I carried it for many years before I put it up.

#5 ·
Glad you found out.If I owned that knife and your story was mine,NO amount of money could be placed on it for a price.It would be to me by far the most valuable knife I owned.(Not that you would ever sell it)Thanks for sharing it's story. Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.