Any Interest

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Shooter45, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

in a "poor mans" trigger job ??

Something simple can can be done with almost no tools to lower the trigger pull just a bit ??
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I'm not very adventerous when it comes to trying new things. I can work on diesels quite well.... minor things on cars like starters and breaks.

Guns... i'm not overly enthusiastic about taking them too far apart. HOWEVER i would still like to hear your tutorial on the subject.....

mike
    gn
  3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

Always looking to learn new stuff......
  4. NonPCnraRN

NonPCnraRN New Member

The only "Poor Man's" trigger job is used on single action Rugers which includes releasing one leg of the trigger return spring and pushing forward on the cocked hammer with a lot force as you pull the trigger. It works OK for lightening up the trigger pull, but does nothing for the creep. Some say doing this is ok, others cringe when you tell them what you are doing. In essence you are supposedly mating the surfaces between the hammer and sear. Ruger SAs are pretty strong. I don't know if I would do that to a 1911.
  5. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Oh, thanks for sharing that with me. Since I don't really know anything about shooting or building a 1911, I guess this is a bad idea.
  6. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Active Member Supporting Member

Shooter, I for one, would be happy for you to share your thoughts with us.
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

LOL :D:D:D:D:D:D

Sam...you left off your customary "*******" at the very end of your sentence?
    Come on i know how you talk.... you can get away with saying one bad word!!!!
    Come on Sam...i wanna hear you say it... :D:D:D:D

gn
  8. NonPCnraRN

NonPCnraRN New Member

After detecting the sarcasm, I reread my response. When I wrote that answer I mispoke. The only "Poor Man's" trigger job I had heard of was the procedure I described that I found in an article by Jeff Quinn of Gunblast.com. I did not mean to intimate there wasn't a "PM's" trigger job for a 1911. I was ineptly attempting to say that I had only heard of one for SA revolvers, i.e. Rugers and didn't know if such a procedure was suitable for 1911s.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

no no no.... not reconciliation!!!! I wanna see sam get mad and chew somebodys arse!!!!! Entertain me danggitt.... :D:D:D:D

gn
  10. TheGunClinger

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  11. techoca

techoca New Member

Shooter45,

Please rconsider your offer to post some of your wisdom gained over years of experience with some of us who may benefit from your knowledge.

Thank you,

techoca
  12. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

I'd like to learn more too! I use the knowledge gained on this site to wow people around here...Heh.
  13. NonPCnraRN

NonPCnraRN New Member

TheGunClinger: As I posted before I didn't intend to impune anyone's knowledge. Sometimes my fingers have a hard time keeping up with my brain when typing a response and then I further complicate matters by not proof reading my message before sending it. I can multitask though, so I will go read this article while removing my foot from my mouth.
  14. TheGunClinger

I fully understand. I am on here to learn from the experts and am open to anything. I have much to learn and am getting an education from the many members of this forum. My wife is also an RN and she would consider this forum to be a sort of like CEU's. Welcome to the forum!
  15. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

I think the Chief said he was going to be away over the holiday's.
  16. NonPCnraRN

NonPCnraRN New Member

When he is back I need his input on the Fire Dragon Buffer System vs increasing recoil spring weight vs Sprinco Buffer system for +P ammo refered to in another post of mine.
  17. TheGunClinger

I don't know if Shooter45 can answer that one as he is into firearms and not into sphincter control. However... I am quite the expert on my sphincter buffer system for not only +P butt also for the dreaded FIRE DRAGON which causes many around me to RECOIL and SPRING away no matter their WEIGHT.
    So if you need advice on matters of sphincter control, feel free to PM me.:D
  18. NonPCnraRN

NonPCnraRN New Member

It appears you are keenly in touch with your inner self. However, I am interested in any knowledge regarding various 1911 recoil reduction systems, i.e. the Fire Dragon and Sprinco systems in particular.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  19. TheGunClinger

I was just kidding.
  20. NonPCnraRN

NonPCnraRN New Member

I know. That's why I said you were in touch with your inner self. I was being a smart azz back at you. I couldn't get the smiley button to work. The part about the recoil buffers was an attempt to see if anyone knew of them who hadn't seen my other post. My skin is pretty thick after dealing with doctors for over 20 years. No offense taken. :D
    Edit: I figured out the smilies.