Any Kel Tec fans? Their customer service is amazing!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by idsman75, Jul 26, 2004.

1. idsman75

idsman75 New Member

Okay....just bought a brand new Kel Tec P-11. My curiosity about this gun got the best of me. I went a little further into the disassembly procedure than I should have gone and pieces started falling out and springs started going "booooiiing" (I exaggerate). I have no idea how to put it back together again even with the exploded diagrams. I now have a one-gallon ziplock bag full of little pieces and parts.

I just got off the phone with Kel Tec. They are going to put it all back together again for FREE. On top of that, they are going to ship it back to me for FREE! They said they are going to classify it as a "repair" even though it resulted from my own ignorance.

P.S. The other brand S-U-X
  2. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Yes their service is amazing!! I love my p11 never had any problems with, Ive never taken it down any further than removing the slide and barrel for cleaning! Goes back together just fine!

Like my Ghostring??

Attached Files:

3. njretcop

njretcop New Member

GOOD JOB IDS!!!!!, :D

Now your starting to sound like me with gun springs flying all over the house. The difference here is that the cats usually find them before I do and hide them on me. :mad:

As to Kel-Tec customer service, they are better at it than most of the compaines, because their tinker toys fall apart a lot and that gives them more practice than a real gun (Glock) manufacturer gets, LOL.

BTW: They pay Pa to talk nice about their products, and fix his once a week for free, haha. :) :) :)
  4. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

3 P32's
    2 P3AT .380ACPs
    2 P11 9mm.

Yes, I could not agree more. Kel Tec offers the absolute best for the money and the best value and customer service.
    You will get used to stipping and cleaning them. It takes a knack that you will get used to over time. I can't say enough good things about them. Highly reliable, eats all ammo, very slim and compact. You will get addicted, I guarantee it.
    Its no wonder its the number one backup choice for law enforcement and private citizens. I love collecting them in different color configurations, like gray chrome, military combat olive drab, licorice blue , and just good ole black. I think they know come in like 6 configurations and colors each. I am totally addicted.

Brian.
  5. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

can't beat that with a stick

i remember my first 1911 tear down ,that recoil spring can put an eye out
  6. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok New Member

LOL, the first time I cleaned my Kimber the full length guide rod spring left a dent in the kitchen ceiling.... she still hasn't noticed it :eek: .
  7. RugerNiner

RugerNiner New Member

I own the Mans version Kel-Tec. :D :D :cool:
    The P40.
    Before putting the Pinky Rest on I couldn't hit a house door at 21 feet.
    Now I can hit a Paper Plate at 21 feet.
    You can see the ammo I carry in it.
    Let the DA make a case out of that.

[​IMG]
  8. Remington597

Rugerniner:
    A dead perp can't testify!!! :p :D
  9. Remington597

P11 in olive combat green drab. My favorite.
    [​IMG]
  10. RugerNiner

RugerNiner New Member

I want a .380 in Olive Drab.
    I think that will be my Christmas present to myself if I can wait that long.
  11. outdoortexas

outdoortexas New Member

Pa turned me on to the P11 back last winter.
    I've gone the whole route of fluff & buff, all the add ons,
    including the belt clip and Hogue slip-on grip.

I've heard a couple mouth about those things should be on a gun to start with...but when you consider the low price from the factory, and the fact that most of us enjoy the tinkering anyway...Lot's of gun for the money!

Also added the ghost ring rear site after Pa "showed me his" :D
    had to have it. Liked it so well, I've added a Trijcon ghostring to my Glock 19.

Ya see Charlie...ya can have it both ways... :D

The factory service is legendary Ids,
    although I've personally had no need for it,
    you'll hear these stories all the time from owners.

Good to see you've "joined the club".
  12. Chevyman Tx

Chevyman Tx New Member

outdoortexas, that gun of yours is childs play. what you really need is a smith&wesson model 915 and then you can say that you really have somethin!
  13. Remington597

Kel Tec is by far my favorite firearms maker and company to deal with. I collect them by color configuration and can't stop, they are so much fun. Here are some nice P11 , and P32/3AT schematics from their website. I love them. They look like works of art. I can look at cutaways, schematics, and exploded diagrams all day long and be transfixed. I guess that means I am 100% male. (not a "girly-man" :mad: :D :D )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. JudgeColt

JudgeColt New Member

Idsman75, you should have brought it back to me. I could put it back together for you. It is really a simple design with few parts.
  15. Remington597

For those who are interested, Kel-Tec also has exceptional rifles. My favorite is the .223REM SU-16. Notice how the extra mags fit inside the butt.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. outdoortexas

outdoortexas New Member

Mornin' Niner, see you're up early and viewing this as well...

Guys, if you own a P11, I don't know about the other models,
    you've got to do the eraser trick behind the trigger. Pa and I both have done it...you'll be impressed with the results! Guaranteed!
  17. Remington597

I thought the whole idea behind a hard trigger pull on a concealed carry pistol was to reduce the chances of an accidental discharge. I've gotten used to a hard trigger pull on my Kel Tecs and on my North American Guardians. I think there are real advantages to having a harder trigger pull on a slimline concealed carry pistol, but of course it makes it much more difficult as far as plinking, but they were really not designed for plinking, although they can take the punishment of many hundreds of rounds at a given time on a sustained basis. I carry mine in and rotate with factory rugs, pouch holsters, and Fobus holsters. Any ideas or input on the benefits vs.detrements of hard vs.lighter trigger pulls, this is an interesting area to talk about., especially when it pertains to concealed carry pistols.
  18. outdoortexas

outdoortexas New Member

Here's the link...

http://www.ktog.org/tecwerks1.htm#White Trigger Stop

and the info. This really does work, you'll find it a great improvement!

White Trigger Stop

Named after Bill White, this trigger stop is simple, cheap and recommended to improve control and trigger recovery speed. Take a standard #2 pencil eraser and cut it in half yielding two cylinders. Glue it to the back of the trigger with Crazy Glue or epoxy about 1/8 to 1/4 inch down from the set pin. Before gluing make sure the eraser clears the sharp edge on the grip frame where it engages the frame or it will be damaged over time. An alternative location is to mount the stop on the frame itself where it will engage the trigger. We have tried both locations and each works well. Trim and shape the eraser with a small file or emery board. Adjustment is done by filing the eraser until the "break" occurs just as the stop engages. Dry firing with sights on a clear target will enable you to see if the Trigger Stop forces you to squeeze to hard. A well adjusted stop will give you a staged feel when it engages, yet not cause a move off target when pulled through to fire.

The stop enables you to stage the trigger and improve control on the first shot. Double taps will occur faster because of the trigger's reduced over travel. For cosmetics, apply black magic marker to the eraser and it blends in perfectly with the gun making it look factory original. This is a great low cost modification that has no downside. Simple, cheap, easy, safe. If the trigger stop falls off, the gun will still fire in an emergency. This is a highly recommended modification that anyone can do.
  19. Remington597

outdoortexas:
    That is totally profound! Thanks for sharing. I had no idea.
  20. idsman75

idsman75 New Member

Okay...JudgeColt's customer service beats Kel Tec's. Now that it's all back together I think I'm going to sneak out of the office early (got MY work done, just waiting for everyone else) and go put 100 rounds through it.

PaBooger--I'm jealous. Did you fabricate that yourself?