any know any info

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

fomoco90
    (2/4/02 11:44:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All any know any info
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    looking for german mauser k98 that was ww2 rifle and hasent been converted to other country after war .perfer one with good or okay markings on it .any info will be great thanks .

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (2/5/02 12:17:57 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: any know any info
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm not a Mauser man (as you could prolly tell from other posts... ) but I see alot of apparently WWII German Mausers still available in SGN and other places...

All I know is the codes mean whether it's a $100 rifle or a $500 rifle...byf? What the tarnation is THAT?

I still don't have Russian Markings down yet, so I probably won't get into Mausers for awhile...I'd probably pay the "rare" price for a "dime-a-dozen" one...

And Welcome, Fomoco. If you want, I'll move this to the Curio and Relics forum...that's where most of the old gun collector's hang out...I'll watch it a few days and if you don't get many answers I'll move it for you....
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Edited by: polishshooter at: 2/5/02 12:20:12 am

WyomingSwede
    (2/5/02 7:57:13 am)
    Buy a copy of shotgun news like polish was advising. There are a lot of dealers in there with various specials like SOG, Century, and Samco Global Arms.

Samco's website is www.samcoglobalarms.com they have a good selection of swedish mausers ( my personal favorite). You could also look at www.auctionarms.com or one of the other auction sites.

Hope this helps. swede
    Wyoming Swede

polishshooter
    (2/5/02 4:50:54 pm)
    Let's move it Swede...we can get better answers for Fomoco there I think...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

velvetnsteel
    (2/5/02 5:35:53 pm)
    Southern Ohio Guns, Century International are a couple good places to look for the ole 98 !! For your first one, don't spend over 100 bucks. If you have a C & R FFL you can buy direct from these distributors and save enough on your first buy to make getting the license worthwhile. You can check on the auction sites - I use gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com. BUT..........if you want the BEST Mauser, go with Swede's analysis and get a Swedish 6.5 X 55. My brother has a nice on for sale right now. I can hook you up if you want.

Just be sure the gun you buy is advertised as the K98 but it may be hard to find one that is purely German. Century's are Czech VZ's.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/5/02 6:44:35 pm)
    I believe he is looking for a correct WWII K98, matching, with proper wafenampts, that hasn't been rearsenaled in another country with additional arsenal marks and wafenampts crossed out. For a real specimen like that, he is probably looking at $500 if it can be found.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!