1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Any Kohler small engine guys out there?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Oct 1, 2012.

1. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

Putting the MMO in the cylinder and letting it set will not hurt anything. I had a boat motor once that was locked up and put some in each cylinder and let it set for 3 or 4 days. It broke loose and smoked like crazy for about 10 minutes or so.
  2. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

What stingray said! Put it in there and let it set. I have heard of cylinder walls getting slippery and not letting the piston drag and combustion and compression went out the window but I have never seen it myself. I believe you need at least 75 lbs of compression for the engine to even fire 110 to 145 or so is probably the best you can get out of it. While you have it apart check and see if both valves are closing totally. It may need a valve job or just carbon removed around the valve or the valve guide may need honed a little.