The Firearms Forum banner

Any love for Sigma?

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  chubcobear 
#1 ·
I had my Sigma 9mm since Feb and now had 1000 rounds shot with no issues.

What a sweet pistol. :cool:

Yeah, the trigger's hard but I removed the torsion (pigtail) spring and greased the sear assembly. The trigger's hard enough for safety but better and the groups at 25 feet will make any BG sweat. :D

Any of y'all got one?

#2 ·
Nope. Got rid of mine. Bought the gun it was trying to be, the Glock 23 in .40 caliber. Much better firearm.

Hope you have better luck. The sigma I had was absolute junk. I won't ever buy another S&W automatic. Glock has them beat hands down.

The M&P lovers say it's better, but, not better than a Glock.

#5 ·
I purchased a first gen Sigma years ago and had terrible luck with it. Would have been a lucky day if I could empty a mag without a jam or hit a target stand at anything more than about 20 ft I can only hope that the issues with the trigger, mag, were resolved in the later models. Glad to hear that yours is performing well.

#7 ·
When I got my Sig P250c 40sw I thought about about selling the Sigma but then I asked myself why ?? It was reliable and accurate, why get rid of it?

I shot this at 25 feet and I started a little wild and then grouped tighter.

#10 ·
I had the VE edition. .40 cal. S40VE.

It was crap.

Trigger was crap.

Extractor broke (with less than 500 rounds through it). I sold it to a friend. He's had issues with it. Thank God he's still my friend. He'll probably sell it soon.

Bought a Glock. NO issues. :D

For a measly $100 more? Go with a proven firearm. What's your life worth.

#11 ·
I have the 9mm as well.
I can't say that I like it, but i don't hate it either.
I haven't tried the trigger mod yet, still debating about it. I just don't want to jeopardize my warranty or the gun in any way, because as it is it is very reliable.

After 1,400 rounds, I have never had a single failure of any kind. It will shoot anything I put in it.

#12 ·
I carried a SW40VE for a few years, put probably 1k rounds through it, never had a hiccup with it. Trigger got better the more I shot it. The early models had a frame cracking problem just like the Glock did, which it should have since it was a direct ripoff that they were sued over. The newer ones came with the trigger that a lot of people piss and moan about but seemed about like my old S&W Model 13 shooting double action. See a lot of people complain about them that I don't understand since they have a warranty and S&W will send you a prepaid Fedex box to send it back in...

#13 ·
S&W made the trigger at 12# and if you didn't like it they said to send it back and they'll make it 8#. You'll still have the warranty.

Now they put out the new models, SD9VE and SD40VE which was the consolations of the Sigmas and the M&Ps. They're supposed to better and they stopped production on SW9VE and SW40VE. S&W took them off their site.

#14 ·
I had the opportunity and experience of testing several Sigma's several years ago. I found them to be good pistols and a good value for a person who could not afford a Glock.

They are not as accurate (or, maybe, better stated as, not as easy to shoot accurately) as a Glock. Neither the Sigma or Glock was designed as (or is) a true target pistol. The Glock's better accuracy as compared to a Sigma would only be seen by an Expert, Master, or High Master level shooter, which is not many persons in the general USA population.

#15 ·
Wife loves her 9mm. She likes grip and revolver type double action trigger.
She shoots it often and quite well, also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.