Any of yall doing any groundhog hunting?

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by Lapua Kid, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

Just wondering I find this hunting very enjoyable general nice weather and loads of fun . I'm on between 45 and 50 as we speak for the year did a driveby Tuesday evening was riding the fields saw 1 got the xp out knew it was point of aim and sent 1 flying heard the whap . Was DOA .Went Wed evening missed 1, 214 yards or he made it back to the hole . Went this evening connected 187 yards . red dot is where i missed yesterday Second pic is my setup.

Jim

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  2. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I ran over one with a kawasaki mule the other day. Does that count? I finished him off with a pair of steel toes and a leatherman......
  3. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

hey the neighboer hit 1 with a wrench . if you want to claim him go ahead.
  4. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

What kind of gun and caliber is that your using?
  5. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

Ryan,

In the years past I was shooting a custom Benchrest rifle in the 6PPC . Last year i purchased a 6.5 x 284 Kelby build 1000 yard gun . After about 20 groundhogs it was getting boring so i purchased a custom Remington XP 100 .As with anything I try to improve I do alot of my shooting off of a Farley Compact rest .Ive gone to the 3 inch flat forearm rear trigger stock .I'm in the process of doing another barrel and different caliber I'm strongly looking at the 6 x 47 Lapua or a 6 Dasher. Been talking to Bob Green out of PA for doing the metal work . Hope i answered your question. This is the new stock it's Fugly.

Jim

Attached Files:

6. MikeTBC

MikeTBC New Member

Jim,

I'd like to shoot some Groundhog, but I have Stage 4 Parkinson's Disease. I would probably be a burden :eek:

I'm in Richmond, Indiana - 57 years old

My Model 700 .22-250

[​IMG]
  7. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

Mike very nice I wish you were closer I'd say come on .I am trying to get a trip up to South Dakota in a year or 2 .I would enjoy the long haul seeing this beautiful country and doing a little P Dog hunting . I just got my new build in day before yesterday i got a scope in the mail yesterday and mounted here's a new build for me . What ya think guys you like?

Attached Files: