Any of y'all NASCAR fans...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smokin Guns, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

'Course LTS could be compared to "Soft Stool" too...[​IMG]
  2. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

...zat a fat joke??????? I`m a lean mean fighting machine!!!!

.........I tell ya!

LTS
  3. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

I was glad to see Jr. win Daytona myself, I was a fan of his fathers since i saw my first race back in '87. Dale Sr. was 3 laps down at Wilksborough. I had no idea who he was or anything about NASCAR, but I watched as this guy make up his laps and win the race. I was a Earnhardt fan from then on. I have been to the DEI shop in Kannapolis which any Earnhardt fan should go see, Jr. lives directly accross the street in a rather modest ranch style house, but has an AWESOME garage behind it. I bet you could put 4 of his houses in his garage. So back to the original question, way to go Jr. and I hope he finds the same success his father had and continues the Earnhardt tradition.
  4. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

I think it was good for Jr to get a win there just because of the history his family has there. More so than that, I was happy to see Stewart do so well at Daytona.
  5. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Da prez leaving the race.

GO # 24
  6. ysacres

OK

Attached Files:

7. ysacres

Go # 75

Attached Files:

8. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Welcome Carl. I haven't followed racing since I let my license lapse, but used to do a little zooming.

Pops
  9. Carl S

Carl S New Member

Ysacres, I think that is an awesome shot. It was in the Daytona paper, also.

Armedandsafe, thanks for the welcome. What did you race? I used to do a little amateur sports car racing back in the days of MGA’s and Healy 3000’s. Never had the money to really pursue it. Just had a lot of fun. :D

Carl S
  10. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I ran Sprites on the European circuit as backup driver for a little while, then roadraced a 58 Ford Custom 300 (somewhat souped up) in New Mexico back in the days when the State Police used to block the highway for us. Ran Hound and Hare a couple of times growing up in Nevada, with the jet jockeys who were headed for Korea. Got two rides on a circle track in Las Vegas in '52. Broke a tie rod on the same car on the same corner in the same lap each time. Never got another ride from them, for some reason. :D

Pops
  11. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

I used to love watching NASCAR races. Now, I really don't care that much for it. It has become to "trendy" for my tastes. i did watch the Daytona 500 and tried to watch the Hershey's 300, but Mother Nature can be such a bitch. :lol:

Plus, I love the American Le Mans, www.americanlemans.com , racing events much better. With the use of the four types of cars, including the LMP900, LMP675, GT-S and GT class cars, it is what I consider the greatest auto racing sport in the world. A close second would be, WRC Rally, British GT, German Touring Car, JGTC, F1, IRL, Daytona Prototype, etc... Yep, I'm a true racing car fan!

Sebring is just one month away! Woo-hoo!