Any one here smoke or grill a lot

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by killbuck, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Angryisme

Angryisme New Member

Crp, thanks for the advice and support.
    I'm guessing I'll go to Home Depot and scope out what at least they look like get an idea on how they work & functionallity.

I'm all about the home made. That's why I inquired about using an old grill or something else. I spend nothing!
    well, as close to nothing as possible ;]
  2. Airdale

Airdale Member

Grunt,

The Weber Rocky Mountain Smoker for Charcoal is great. I've been doing briskets for decades and the only time I reached, what I thought was perfection was with this smoker (I only use the flat cut).

I've always been kind of a purist when it comes to BBQ but I've been eyeing an electric (gasp) smoker at Sam's Club. Just plug in, set the temp, add the sawdust (or whatever) add meat and walk away. No flare ups or temperture spikes and no worries about fire hazards. Figure if they show up this year I'll probably own one.
  3. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    That takes all the fun out of it.
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest