Any Other Talk Radio Nuts Out There?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by artabr, Aug 25, 2008.

1. artabr

artabr New Member

I tried to tune in to my favorite stations and came to the realization that the next 2 week of nighttime talk radio is going to su_k. The Radio Networks are covering both conventions all night. :(

As an example WWL is talking about Michelle Obama's speech while playing "Isn't She Lovely" By Stevie Wonder. Gag Me!!!

As an aside, what stations do you listen to?
    I listen to KAO in Denver, WSB in Atlanta, WWL in New Orleans, WBAP in Dallas / Fort Worth. Theres a couple of others but I'll save them for later.

Art
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  2. merrill

merrill New Member

I love PBS in Nashville.
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

My local station starts off with a local program, and it usually sucks except when “The Shooting Bench” is on. As talked about in another thread about Bug Out Bags.

Then it’s Laura Ingram, then Rush. This is followed by a partial show of Neil Bortz, > O’Riley > Sean and by that time I’m home.

PBS you say?
    Isn’t that the tax paid for liberal machine?
  4. 17thfabn

17thfabn New Member

I listen to 700 WLW, and 550 WKRC in Cincinnati mostly.

On occasion, I will listen to the local black power station to see what they are thinking. Many on that station seem to believe the "white man is the devil!"

When we had a Air America station I would listen to it if they had an interesting topic on. Their hosts weren't very good, I can see why they were such a failure.
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

Marlin,
    I tried to catch "the Shooting Bench" on KENN this morning but I don't think they stream their brodcast. I'm bummed. :( :)

Art
  6. merrill

merrill New Member

PBS you say?
    Isn’t that the tax paid for liberal machine? (Marlin T)

Paid for by listeners and yes it is liberal in the dictionary definition of the term. I like it because normally both sides of the political spectrum are represented unlike some right wing talk shows. I don't agree with all they say but I like to hear both sides of a discussion. In that respect they are rather neutral.
  7. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I respectfully beg to DIFFER.

Any PBS station I've ever heard, at news time and commentary time, is anything BUT NEUTRAL. They have been and are worse than CNN, the NYT and Time all combined !!!!!!

I listen to PBS merely because that is where I can get Classical Music during the day and some evenings.

When it comes to news time, I turn them off. Listened to their news for years in the car and learned with each passing day to turn it off in order to keep my blood pressure down. I always thought I was listening to Radio Moscow rather than an American Tax funded propaganda machine..... :( :(
  8. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

Marlin

I agree that NPR over the years has been almost totally biased toward the liberal side. While driving cross- country sometimes NPR is the only thing I could get on the radio & I listened till I couldn't stand it another minute.

I have noticed however that during these months leading up to the election NPR has actually offered both points of view & the conservative side has been done really well without backhanded coments etc. I've been amazed.

The callers all still seem to be liberal wakos still though:eek:
  9. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

I listen to the local NPR in order to hear decent music during the day. At least their commercials are 'low key'. I don't send in a yearly donation, feeling that my % of tax dollars more than pay for the % of the days that I listen.

I agree Marlin, turning off their 'news' is like taking a dose of blood pressure medicine! While NPR/PBS purported to present both sides of an issue, I found that the manner of presentation often leaned to one side. (Guess which one?) They seemed to feel that by ridiculing or destroying the past, or distorting the present, be it through interpretations by questionable 'experts', or by outright misinformation, they could influence the future.

Now, “I get all the news I need on the weather report” (thanks Mr. Simon).
  10. artabr

artabr New Member

I'll listen to PBS, but they do slant left in their news coverage and opinions. Being taxpayer funded they should be neutral.
    I do enjoy the different music programs, as I have a pretty eccentric taste in music. :)

Art
  11. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

NPR........National Palestinian Radio

PBS......Palestinian Broadcasting Service

'Nuff said (from my perspective)
  12. artabr

artabr New Member

Roger That.
    Prime example. :(

Art
  13. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

There are two FM talk radio stations in Indianapolis, and I switch between the two.

Greg Garrison 9-12 (93.1 WIBC) or Laura Ingraham 9-12 (95.9 WFDM)
    Rush Limbaugh 12-3 (93.1 WIBC)
    Sean Hannity 3-6 (95.9 WFDM)
    Michael Savage 6-9 (95.9 WFDM)
    Mark Levin 9-11 (95.9 WFDM)
    Jerry Doyle starts at 11, but rarely am I still listening by then (95.9 WFDM)
  14. artabr

artabr New Member

Josh,
    I'd love to get a chance to have a sit down talk with Mark Levin. Most people don't realize the depth of knowledge the man has on constitutional law.
    Thats what caused me to start this thread. I went to listen to Levin and I got Dems. :eek:

Art
  15. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Art, you can listen to the Shooting Bench by going here and picking which show you want to listen to.

http://www.theshootingbench.net/

The BBC and the PBS are almost on the same level. They both seem to hate America first.
  16. artabr

artabr New Member

Thanks, Marlin. :)

Art
  17. dcd_enterprises

dcd_enterprises New Member

I listen to Rush at 11:A.M., 1420, WOC out of Davenport, 890, WLS out of Chicago, or 1540 KXEL out of Waterloo, and if I miss part of his program or it was just exceptionally good, I will listen to it again at 1:p.M., 600 WMT, out of Cedar Rapids, or 1040 WHO, out of Des Moines. After Rush on 1420 comes a local talk host, Jim Fischer, and he puts on a very good program, otherwise I listen to Roe Khan on WLS, followed by Sean Hannity, followed by Mark Levin, who has got to be one of the most Politically Incorrect hosts on the air. I love listening to that guy.
  18. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

I like listening to NPR....

It gives me some real time liberal trash to talk back to:p.....(some times I even YELL!) Sharpens my anti liberal views. Kind of like recon of the enemy;):D..... best regards Kirk
  19. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I'm not a fan of either but isn't it valuable to know thy enemy? :D

I never listen to PBS, didn't even realize they had a radio show even. NPR I listen to occasionally because my drive takes me through areas where there is no other talk radio available. Normally I just listen to music but if my iPod dies, NPR it is.
  20. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    I like KARN 102.9FM 920AM in Little Rock They have Rush mid-day, a local guy, Dave Elswick, in the afternoon, and Hannity in the evening followed by Coast to Coast AM. I don't care for their morning guy so I listen to sports talk. KABZ 100.3FM in Little Rock with Tommy Smith and David Bazzel. The rest of the time I listen to cd's or Christian stations.