Any rocket scientists out there?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Jeff Midguard, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Jeff Midguard

Jeff Midguard New Member

2. obxned

obxned New Member

I'm betting it was Red China.
  3. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Where did it come DOWN?
    I can't believe a missile was fired so close to our shores, and the media is "ho-hum," and the government can't explain it.
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Perhaps this is the fairy dust that crises are made of?... ;)
  5. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

It's a misssile and it is one of ours. Someone is covering their butt for gross negligence.

On Obies 1st trip here to stump for the dumbest person in the Senate, a couple flew into Lake Washington in a float plane. They encroached 1/2 mile into AF One air space (on the ground), and TWO fighters were scrambled from Portland to investigate. They were supersonic and created quite an uproar. Entire counties lost all 911 communications due to the number of calls.

If two people can come home from a weekend and generate this kind of response, what does that say about the missile launch?

CYA Baby! With all of our technology, we can't figure this one out?
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

not a word from NORAD , now they can spot a single duck , plot its course and tell you what head winds its facing and no-one knows about this ??

something smells
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I heard just a few minutes ago that they said it was a plane.

Of course it would have to be something military, or at least something with afterburners.
    Our new birds like the Raptor have so much thrust that they can almost hover, so I sure don't doubt it is possible.

EDIT

Check out the video in this thread
    http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=38523&highlight=raptor video
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  8. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave New Member

They're scattering stuff, trying to get something to stick. For example, it was a contrail and an optical illusion that it was going up...totally ignoring the rising column and light from the thruster. Fact is, someone shot off a rocket. Inside Pentagon sources are stating off-record that it appears to be a sub-launched ballistic missile on an Arctic trajectory.

Bottom line is that if it had been aimed at the mainland, it would have hit before anyone had a warning.
  9. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

It could surely be that too.
    There are a lot of subs in the world.
  10. Jeff Midguard

Jeff Midguard New Member

I'm not drinking the "contrail Kool-aid" on this one. It is definitely not an aircraft.

That leaves a couple of options. Our missile; if so, probably fired by one of the intel agencies(CIA,NSA,ETC). Bad Guy missile, not a good thing.

I'm remembering what I've been told about how the opening salvos of war with another major power would look. The first shots fired would be missiles intended to take down satellites. Watch for strange things in the skies, and if you rely on GPS tracking for any reason, have a back-up.
  11. artabr

artabr New Member

^^^ This ^^^

It's just a message to BoBo from the boys in Beijing. They want their money.
    It's knee-capping time if he (we) don't start to pay up. ;)

Art
  12. Jeff Midguard

Jeff Midguard New Member

So...they don't want to be paid back in wheelbarrows full of little bitty devalued dollars?
  13. keepitlow

keepitlow New Member

14. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I was air defense in the Army...seen ALOT of missles and contrails. COVERUP....Although I have been to some bada** civilian rocket launches here in Florida. You would be VERY suprised what can be built to go that high for about $20,000.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  15. artabr

artabr New Member

16. ofitg

ofitg New Member

How many military members out there? Did anybody notice any alert or heightened readiness following this incident?

Assuming that it was a missile - sure looks like it - I'm guessing that the U.S. military had prior knowledge of the launch.
  17. Jeff Midguard

Jeff Midguard New Member

Not here, but we were already on a scheduled exercise since Mon AM.
  18. ofitg

ofitg New Member

Well, I love a good "government coverup" story as much as anybody, but I'm starting to have doubts about this one. Here is a video of Trident missiles climbing in the sky -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl37UZvFsz0

The flame coming out of the Trident is huge.... not so for the mystery object.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In that photo of the mystery object, it appears to be passing close to an aircraft... or at least, both objects were along the camera's line of sight.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  19. obxned

obxned New Member

FAA has that whole area well covered with radar, but said there was no plane anywhere near 'the event'.
  20. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The military says it wasnt a missle, only a plane. The military says that there were no military planes anywhere near that area. No radar but they think it was a jet. If it wasnt military, what commercial airline uses single engine passenger jets? It musta been a weather balloon with afterburner lit.