any Rossi owners?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by mojo45, Mar 6, 2004.

1. mojo45

mojo45 New Member

i can get an excellent deal on a R462 .357 (stainless) $260 NIB
    also shoots .38, .38P

do not know much about the Rossi brand, but i am looking for a small revolver backup

any yeahs or neahs?

thanks mojo
  2. kingjoey

kingjoey New Member

You'll probably have to cut a forcing cone or chamfer on the gun. I got a 461 and it would accumulate so much lead/copper in the cylinder gap that it would jam the action. The problem was much more pronounced with 357 ammo. It'd also pepper the shooter and everyone around him when they pulled the trigger. After cutting the cone though, the gun works 100% and is surprisingly accurate and pleasant to shoot. Brownell's has the chamfer kit available. Hopefully it is one of the newer Rossi's made by Taurus after the Braztech merger
  3. mojo45

mojo45 New Member

yep it is made by Taurus..probably gonna shoot the .38+p instead of the .357..but it is a good deal regardless
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2004
  4. kingjoey

kingjoey New Member

Yep, that ain't a bad price for a new one. I bought mine LNIB for $150 from a co-worker:D :D :D
  5. Krazyhorse

Krazyhorse New Member

I've got a M971 Rossi and it has been a great shooter. It has a 6" barrel, real accurate and dependable. It will lead the barrel with hard cast bullets but it really likes jacketed bullets. I wonder if it needs the forcing cone worked on? I didn't know if it was that or if it was a little out of time :confused:
  6. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I have one of the older Interarms..(pre Taurus)...made Rossi M68's. Beautifuly polished blued finish, snub nose .38. This thing hasn't skipped a beat, and is quite accurate for a snubby.
    I've shot the steel plates at 50 feet, and regularly hit 5 out of 5 every time.
    I've been told these older one's aren't as good, but this one works great.
  7. mojo45

mojo45 New Member

thanks guys for the positive respnses! haven't got to get the pistol yet......because our beloved sherriff's dept. takes their sweet time in getting out the permits???:mad: 36 days & counting!!!!
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2004