Any Takers???

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by JLA, Oct 1, 2009.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I am going to be rummaging through my stacks and stacks of crap I aint touched in ages and giving everything I dont need or wont use away... Bear with me, itll take a few days to get it all sorted out and perhaps a tad longer to decide whether or not ill need it or use it;)

Sooo, to start my closet clean-out/giveaway I have a bag of once fired .44 spec. brass. free to a good home. Its remington brass and has been resized/decapped and tumbled. ready to be loaded. PM me your mailing address if you want it. Early bird gets the worm;)

JLA
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

312 shooter wins the brass. Keep an eye on the thread for future freebies... Ill be posting them as I pilfer through my goods...
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

OK... Next up is a pair of Pachmayer rubber grip panels for a beretta 92 (M9). Dont need em, I dont have an M9 and they too are just collecting dust. First PM gets em...:)
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Alpo claims the 92 grips. Im taking the family out for dinner, But ill have more to post tomorrow...
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Good morning all... I just came out of the closet with 4 stock sets free for the taking. All stocks are in superb condition and can be put sraight to use...

Stock set #1 is a russian Mosin Nagant M91/30 stock and handguard set complete with metal hardware and cleaning rod. This one came off my old 1929 tula that I sporterized and put a camo stock on.

Stock set #2 is and old SMLE Mk. 1 #4 stock and handguard set. this one does not have metal hardware or a buttplate, the upper rear handguard is grooved and the handguards do still have the metal caps on them.

Stock set #3 is a Springfield 1903A3 semi pistol grip stock that is complete with upper handguard and metal bands. has no buttplate.

Stock set #4 is also a springfield 1903 stock. It is the A4 sniper stock in new condition with the recoil lugs installed and has a minor crack at the rear of the action bed probably from not being properly inletted to the action. It has no matching upper handguard and no metal hardware and no buttplate. will fit on a 1903A3 or 1903A4.

bear with me on these, I will probably have them in the mail on monday, that'll give me time to find boxes that will fit them well with enough packing so our underpaid USPS workers wont destroy them in transit;)
  6. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    Nice but I can't really use them. I bet someone can though.
  7. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I can make great use of the M91/30 stock. My good friend has a teenage son that has been tinkering with stock refinishing; he doesn't let him touch anything of high value. However, his last couple of projects have been quite nice, this would be a good project for him. He's been putting in alot of time studying different finish techniques and elbow grease. If you think this would be a good idea; you could send it my way.
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

got ya covered woolley.
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

wooleyworm calims the m91/30 stock

gdmoody claims the 1903A3 stock

left for the taking are the 1903A4 and the enfield stock...
  10. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Just curious if this is a "one to a customer" thing. I thought, hard, about that 03 scant stock. If I had seen your original post I'd have chimed in for that 44 special brass. You might have some other really neat stuff that I think I can't live without. :D
  11. Thomas_1

Thomas_1 New Member

Let me know if you find any $100 bills laying around in that closet. I want to put my name in first:)
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Not at all Alpo, if you want it its yours, unless of course someone else already beat ya to it and I fully expected someone to claim all of the stocks in one shipment, I was surprised to see some picking and choosing. I guess were just surrounded by good honest folk around here:). I almost put an old B square reciever drilling jig up on here but in trying to figure out what all was there I figured out how to use it, so I think i might sit on it awhile longer, Might come in handy one day;) So far my pilfering has turned up nothing worth giving away, mostly trash. I did however, find an old wichester ranger semi auto shotgun I had stashed away for parts a while back. Plum forgot I had it, so if anyone needs ranger parts, or better yet, has an old broken down ranger they wouldnt mind selling for parts, let me know. The one I have is nearly complete. Only lacking the bolt release button and spring and magazine throat (broken assembly). I ran accross some AK stuff, a cleaning rod and a pistol grip, and an upper handgurd spring clip. Ill get it all sorted and post it for you guys.
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Funny you should mention money Thomas. I found my wifes old 'Quarter Horse' we had crammed a bunch of money into back when we first married. Plan was to save it for just in case when we moved into our apartment and then 3 years ago moved again into our home, Amidst all the moving we forgot about the 'quarterhorse' that had nearly 800 bucks crammed into it, so we had a cookout today and my bank account is a tad fuller now;)
  14. mark_baron

mark_baron New Member

I would be interested in the enfield stock if it is still available.
    Mark
  15. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm confused here.

Semi-pistol grip stock, which (if I'm remembering correctly) is called a "scant" stock, is the one gdmoody claimed?
    [​IMG]

The 1903A4 stock, however, is a full pistol grip? Cool. Yeah, I'd be tickled to have that. :D

[​IMG]
  16. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

That is what I was thinking, also. I wanted the "straight" one.
  17. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

BONUS +++++ Always nice to make discoveries like that! Probably did better than if it was sitting in a 401k too ! :D
  18. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Exactly right alpo.. Those stocks you posted look almost identical to the ones I have minus the hardware of course;)
  19. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Ok, everything posted has been spoken for. I have one more section to clean out so ill be posting the last few things soon.

CampingJosh claimed the AK tidbits,

Mark Baron claims the enfield stock,

and alpo gets the 03A4 stock,

I will have all items mailed today, yall let me know when they arrive.
  20. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Grips arrived. Soon as I can find an allen wrench, I'll put 'em on the gun and take a purty picher to post and show how nice they look. :D