The Firearms Forum banner

Any thoughts on the 1911 .380?

Tags
3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  dakota1911 
#1 ·
It appears Browning is coming out with a 1911 in .380 next month. I am thinking about one for my wife, any initial thoughts pro or con on this unit?

#4 ·
Maybe this will help. We were discussing the new rock island 380 1911....
I'll check it out.

if you like the features of a 1911 and like 380, have you looked at the sig p238 ?
She has a Colt Mustang, just looking for a little larger frame. Interestingly, we don't have a true 1911, a Defender, Mustang and 1911-22. I should put a true 1911 on my short list.

#5 ·
If looking for a 1911 on a budget, I highly reccomend the rock isle no frills units. You see them as low as 349$ sometimes. The 1 mag they come with is generic, but I replaced mine with a couple milspec ones and some upgrade stainless ones and love it.

#9 ·
It's too early to buy one.,,,
Even though I'm intrigued as all heck.

Let Browning work out the inevitable kinks,,,
And there will be some kinks,,,
On someone else's dime.

Need I remind everyone of the Remington R-51 fiasco?

Aarond

#13 ·
Of course you could also look at the used firearms area of your favorite gun stores. Llama made a little 380 that was sort of a shrunk down 1911. I have one in .22 and bought it 2nd hand back in the 70s because it is like a little 1911, except straight blow back of course.

And field stripped. I just love the little grip safety.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.