Anybody else into "Dot" shooting...?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Tony Mig, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

The range I belong to has this monthly compition called the "dot" shoot. When you check-in and pay, you request a dot target for the caliber you plan to shoot. These targets have 10 sets of 3 dots placed in a triangle, and spaced so that if you plant one dead center, you hole should connect all three dots.
    You fire 10 shots at 7 yards, you can shoot offhand, two hand, fast or slow, the object is to at least hit one dot in each group, but if you connect two dots it's worth more, and all three is even better.
    My range hands out one target for every visit, and at the end of each month they post the winners in each caliber. So far I've won December, and January....(every little compition in the cold)...and I just posted a fair target today, and with the temps staying as cold as they have been, I just might have Feb wrapped up too....

It's a lot of fun, and a real challenge...you might think that shooting from 7 yards would be a piece of cake, but it ain't as easy as it sounds. You all should check it out, and you can contact the man in charge of the association that runs it....
    Bill Croce, American Dot Shooters Assc. 1968 Holicong Rd. Holicong, PA 18928 or phone him at (215) 794-8846
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Tony, Reckon y'all is lucky to be livin' in Joisey! I'd just be shootin' one ragged hole...;)
  3. gamachinist

gamachinist New Member

Man that sounds like fun and a challenge Tony!
    Robert.
  4. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

Does sound fun. Would also be quite a challenge.
  5. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

This is what they look like. The .22 and .45 targets were sent to me from Mr. Croce, and they are official American Dot Shooters Assoc. targets. The .38 target was redesigned by one of our range members who owns and operates a graphic arts and printing company.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2004