Anybody gonna buy Facebook Friday?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by geds, May 16, 2012.

1. DCrunch

DCrunch New Member

The order wasn't for $44. $44 was the max I wanted to pay. It was a Limit order versus at the Market. So I could have got it at any price up to $44. Had the price gone to $100, the order probably wouldn't have been filled. With it now at $33 or so, I'm glad it didn't get filled.
  2. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

The stock will sooner or later find it's bottom, at some point I still believe this will be a good buy and money to be made on it.

There were problems with the way the whole transaction of the IPo was done. Everyone involved wanted the stock to debut at the top dollar value, leaving no room for the buyers of the stock to make any money. This looks very bad on the owners (Mark Zuckerberg) and underwriters.

Also Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley lowered their financial projections on Facebook, also a blackeye on the company.

For the Facebook stock to go up from here, they will have to show good profit in the coming quarters.

For me, I love seeing it go down, because I will be watching it closely and will be a buyer at lower prices.
  3. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

a financial analyst valued the stock at $11 per share based on a 10% revenue growth every year... it closed today around $31, it has a ways to go down
  4. Skypilot

Skypilot New Member

A high of 45 today 31 well?????????????????
  5. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Yeah he did the IPO, got married the next day and has lost a few billion (paper loss only).

It was a NASDAQ disaster!

Mkt cap 66.28B <---- a huge elephant
    P/E 99.22 <--- the price/earnings ratio! WHOA, bad number, 7-15 is good.

And DAY 1 disasterous trading:

A Facebook Inc. (FB) (FB) investor sued Nasdaq OMX Group Inc. (NDAQ) (NDAQ) claiming the stock exchange “badly mishandled” trades following Facebook’s initial public offering, delaying trading and failing to cancel orders when requested by customers.

Phillip Goldberg, a Maryland investor, said in a complaint filed today in Manhattan federal court that he tried to both order and cancel requests for Facebook shares through an online Charles Schwab Corp. (SCHW) (SCHW) account the morning after the May 17 IPO. He is seeking to represent a class of investors who lost money because their buy, sell or cancellation orders for Facebook stock weren’t properly processed, according to the filing.

“Orders placed by investors seeking to purchase Facebook shares during the first trading day often took hours to execute,” Goldberg said in the complaint. “In the meantime, the investors seeking to purchase those shares had no idea if their trades had executed, and, accordingly, had no idea if they owned Facebook shares at all.”

Goldberg, who claims Nasdaq acted negligently, is seeking unspecified damages. The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has said it will review the opening day of trading in Facebook shares on Nasdaq. The exchange has blamed poor design in the software used to drive auctions in IPOs.

Public Trading

“On May 18, 2012, Facebook began public trading on the Nasdaq. Trading began at the IPO price of $38 a share, which valued the company at approximately $104 billion,” according to the complaint. “While Facebook’s first official trade should have begun at 11:05 a.m. on May 18, that opening was delayed due to malfunction in Nasdaq’s design for processing order cancellations. This prevented certain trades from processing properly.”

Robert Madden, a spokesman for Nasdaq, didn’t immediately return a call seeking comment on the suit.
  6. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

IMO, Zuckerburg created all the hoopla himself ( had it done ), made out like a bandit, and will wind up before congress in, say...two years, maybe?

I hope he got a pre-nup.
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Got some at $20:04 not a lot , just a taste to be inline for the next issue , theres gonna be a big tank ( maybe 20% worth ) dunno we'll see ..
  8. bountyh

bountyh Former Guest

I believe that in the long term, Facebook will be every bit as successful as Myspace.
  9. bountyh

bountyh Former Guest

I believe the law is that he will have to pay income tax on the "paper gains" he made at the IPO exercise. Could be very expensive.

As for what his wife gets: they got married after the IPO, so she gets nothing from that. You seriously think Zuck would have let anybody take half of that?