The Firearms Forum banner

Anybody got and don't need

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ryan42 
#1 ·
I need a cheap (good) or free (even better) 300 Savage sizing die.

I just got me a Savage 99 and need to feed it. I can use a 308 die for seating. Need a sizer.

I could buy a new set, but figgered there might be one sitting out there, alone and unloved.

I used to have a 257 Roberts. Sold the gun but still have the dies. When I got my 9.3x57 I bought dies, then when I bought another gun in that caliber, the seller sent me his dies, so now I have two sets. Somehow I have ended up with an extra die or two in several different calibers. I can't be the only one in that position.

So, anyone got an extra they are willing to give up for a good cause? A full set would be nice, but the sizer is all I really need.

#4 ·
I have several dies and have no clue as to what size they are. Came in a yard sale box with the reloading press and they aren't marked anywhere I can find. Don't have a micrometer so I can't accurately measure them either :(

#6 ·
Cool. Thanks, Ryan.

That "body parts" thing is a good idea. All I'd need is the die body. Could deprime with my universal decapper. Use my M-die to expand the neck. Got lots of extra lockrings layin' around.

Then I started thinkin', "If I'm gonna order something, might as well get the FCD with it, and that's another 15, with the 14 for the die body is 29, and then shipping is 5 bucks, and we're at 34, and a full set is only 31 at Grafs, sooooo,

But it was a good suggestion. :)

#7 ·
Cool. Thanks, Ryan.

That "body parts" thing is a good idea. All I'd need is the die body. Could deprime with my universal decapper. Use my M-die to expand the neck. Got lots of extra lockrings layin' around.

Then I started thinkin', "If I'm gonna order something, might as well get the FCD with it, and that's another 15, with the 14 for the die body is 29, and then shipping is 5 bucks, and we're at 34, and a full set is only 31 at Grafs, sooooo,

But it was a good suggestion. :)
Hey alpo I wasnt able to make it to the gunshop saturday but I wiil get by there tuesday cause hes not open on modays any how Ill let you know tuesday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.