Anybody have factory load data for 30-06 Remington 150gr PSP Core Lokt ammo?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by bluesea112, Nov 18, 2007.

1. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Does anybody have the factory load data for the 30-06 Remington 150gr PSP Core Lokt cartridges? My rifle loves these particular bullets, so I would like to reload some of my own.
    I would like to know the following:

1) Powder name/type?
    2) How many grains of powder?
    3) Which Primer?

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Bluesea112
  2. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Factory ammo is usually manufactured with powders that are not available to handloaders. They order it by the truck load with a specific burn rate or characteristic. Then the guys in the ballistics lab test it and doctor it up to meat their needs. When that lot or batch of powder is gone they order up a new batch and start the process all over again.
    I would think that the Rem factory 30-06 uses Rem 9 1/2 primers.
  3. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Thanks for the info Steve. It's not what I was hoping to hear, but I'm glad to know that it's not possible so I don't waste time thinking about it. Thanks again for the response.

Bluesea112
  4. smitty_bs

smitty_bs New Member

FYI
    Many years ago, I'm told Remington used IMR 4064 for 110gr, 150gr and 180gr loads.

A couple of years ago I pulled a 180gr round nose bullet out of a factory case. That load was very accurate in my rifle and I wanted to see what was in it.

The powder was very similar to either H414 or W760. It was not a stick powder, which makes sense since the ball/granular ones would likely meter better for large production runs.
  5. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Thanks for the info Smitty. Think I might buy a pound of each and see how they compare.
  6. RDub

RDub New Member

Hi
    I've worked up loads for several '06s with all bullet weights and the most consistently accurate powders for the 150 grainers were;
    IMR4064
    Reloader 15
    IMR4350

I'm pretty sure Midway still offers the Rem 150gr S.P.C.L. in 100, 500, and 1000 counts. But you might find one or more of the many other bullets on the market will shoot as good if not better than the Remington's.

If you need any more help with this, holler:)
  7. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Thanks for the info RDub. I don't know if I could do any better than the Remington PSPCL 150's. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that I floated/bedded and re-crowned my Parker-Hale, but the store bought Remington 150 PSPCL in 30-06 shoot a group of 5 all touching each other at 100yds. Thank you for the powder suggestions. Do you have a favorite of the three?
  8. RDub

RDub New Member

Every gun is very different to what it likes. Some guns shot all three well, some only liked one.. it's like kids, there are no two alike.

Oh, and don't be afraid to experiment with primers as well. It's amazing what a difference primers can make sometimes. I would try Fed 210 primers first, but shoot whatever you have on hand and see what happens.
    If you are looking for five rounds touching you may have to put some serious time in at the range, then again, maybe not.

Good luck, have fun.