1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

anybody scoped an Anschutz 1411 ?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Jay, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Jay

Jay New Member

Well, I'd like to. I'm leaning toward the BKL one piece rings to put on the grooved receiver. I'd sure like to hear from anyone that's "been there".

Jay
  2. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Jay, I've just seen the picture of the Anschutz in the rimfire section. That's a pretty rifle you have there!

My question is, why would you want to?

I'm familiar with the Anschutz smallbore target rifles. They're not really meant to carry a scope. They're an iron-sight rifle. My sister had a 1411 that she used to compete with when she was younger. Talk about a sweet little rifle!

Of course, it's your rifle, but I'd hate to see those classic iron-sight lines messed up with a scope!
  3. Jay

Jay New Member

Hello John,

Well, I agree with you, but it's a matter of being able to see the target. I will not drill and tap the receiver, but if I can get a mount to work, then these 55 year old eyes will enjoy the rifle that much more. When I got the rifle home, I discovered that the comb was high enough that I had to remove my glasses and depend on the "pinhole effect" to even see through the sights. It's the same situation I ran into on my H&R M12's. :(

I appreciate your input,
    , but did you notice the Unertl type scope blocks on the barrel ?

Regards, Jay
  4. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Nope, I didn't notice the scope mounts.

Hmm...

Let's just say that seeing the Anschutz brought back memories of younger days spent out at the Addicks Dam range of Bayou Rifles learning to shoot in the '70s. It's the nostalgia in me that hates to see a scope on it. [grin]

You could always do what my sister did: get a prescription lens for the sight. She had some astigmatism and iron-sight rules allowed her to put a single lens that matched her prescription on the sight. It was a bit like a sunshade, but let her get down and get a good cheek-weld without glasses.

Once again, A Very Pretty Rifle!