The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anybody use or heard of Ginex primers

10K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Qyatburp 
#1 ·
#4 ·
$100 for a case of 5000 is a pretty good price, even with adding the $28.50 haz mat fee. But it looks to me like a person could get a better price by buying a case at a time. I would try them if I needed some, I was slightly skeptical of wolf and tulammo primers when they came out.

#5 ·
When primers were almost non-existent two years ago I found 1,000 Wolf small pistol primers for $28.50 and bought them. When you could find CCI or Winchester primers people were asking $75/1,000. I used all the Wolf and never had a single problem with any of them. They all seated correctly and went bang when I pulled the trigger - not a single misfire.

I have 1,000 Wolf small rifle magnum primers on the shelf now and do not anticipate any problems when I use them.

#6 ·
I have used a couple of thousand Ginex primers in SP and LR, go bang 100% of the time.
They are a bit on the hard side but if you use Wolf primers successfully you should have no problem.

I would not recommend them for tuned revolvers or glocks.

#9 ·
I wouldn't mind trying the SRP in my .223 loads for my ARs. If they truly do have harder primer cups, that would be a good thing. I wouldn't even consider trying them in my Glocks since I'm running a competition trigger.

#11 ·
Don't know if this will reach you after all this time but I ran across a listing for Ginex primers just now and, like you, haven't heard of them before. I was wondering if you were still using them, if they posed any problems. I'm reloading for the .380 in a Walther PPK/S and a Sig.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.