Anybody watching Game 6?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CampingJosh, Oct 27, 2011.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I know I'm from the generation that's supposed to love football and hate baseball, but I'm different. I quit playing baseball when I was 12, but I still love to watch it.

Game 6 of the World Series is on FOX right now. It's been a back-and-forth game through 6+ innings so far, and the Rangers can win the series with a win tonight. This is baseball at it's best, and my Cubs aren't even playing!
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Not any more. Cards can't hit nothing and when they advance, Texas does something else impressive. I gave up
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Hell yes. Finally got lewis off the mound in the bottom of the 6th, Ogando got us in a jam in short order and wash put our righteous lefty Derek Holland on the mound. He saved an ugly situation and shut the bottom of the 7th down with a quickness. This has been an exciting game!

Attached Files:

4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

And now we're in 11th inning. Should have stayed up, Helix.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! DANGIT! GOIN TO GAME 7! :mad:
  6. reflex1

reflex1 Active Member

Shame isn't it??? Love a seven game series!!! :D
  7. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Love a seven game series, but hate the Cardinals.
  8. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It has been a GREAT Series, but from what I hear, no one is watching. The TV ratings are dismal.
  9. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Then they missed a great game. It was a classic episode of what basesall is all about! Niether one of these are "my team" so to speak, but It's the world series and what a build up to a seventh game. I love seeing the faces in the stands sometimes almost forgeting to breath. Game 7 will be hotdogs, chips and a soda on the couch for dinner.
    Long live baseball!
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

The competiton between these two teams has been epic. They are as rqually matched as 2 teams can get. I told Helix at the end of the ALCS championship when we first found out our home teams would be head to head in the World Series the cards and the rangers will take it to game 7. It has been spectacular baseball for the last 6 games. Last night was a hair raiser. Im not a huge baseball fan, My screamin at the TV lies with the NFL, but this has been great baseball.
  11. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    What a GAME!!!
    My wife fell asleep about the 6th inning LOL So I got to watch from there!
    There was SOOOO many great hits & Plays but Quite frankly I thought the BEST play of the game was when the Catcher Pegged The throw to third & the Foot blocked the bag DAYUM that was a sweeet play! & it hemmed them up with only one runner in scoring position yea they went juiced again but the guy one pitch swinging Ended that.
    If Texas loses another guy thats gunna get hung out is the Right fielder he makes that catch ,,, were sipp'in Champain!!!

(WAS a tuff catch backing down on it though)

The 2 out 2 strick Tripple welll the fans about rocked down the place I thought,
    Only to see the second batter go yard for 2 RBI'S
    like the gas ran out.
    LOL
    BUT that homer He knew it was gone when it hit the bat!

Anyone see the guy JUMP the rail onto that BALL ???????????????

THAT balls worth a FORTUNE if they end up WINNING IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Cruz coulda caught that ball if he wadnt so concerned about slamming into the padded wall.

Worst part of the game last night tho was when Mike Napoli rolled his ankle on second. The instant replay made me sick.
  13. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I was watching the game with my brother, an athletic trainer. He was thoroughly surprised to see Napoli stay in the game. It was just sick to watch. :barf:
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

oh yeah. i thot for sure he at the very least tore ligaments. but nope. hes tough as nails.
  15. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Don't watch baseball, tennis, golf, soccer, or paint dry. Or fast cars turning left for that matter.:rolleyes: