Anybody watching 'Top Shot' - ?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Juker, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Juker

Juker New Member

Anybody watching 'Top Shot'?

As we've discussed before, despite the drama, it's still a show about guns, and it still beats screaming chefs, people who think they can sing, and dancing life partners.

But how seriously are these shooters vetted? Witness last night's final meltdown of the ever-pouting, self-absorbed, foul-mouthed Jake. Jake claims he is an Annapolis graduate and a former US Navy SEAL. (For a program that produces such a finite amount of graduates, doesn't it seem there are SEALs on every corner these days? But I digress.)

So my question is, if I apply for Top Shot and claim that I climbed Point Du Hoc with the Rangers on D-Day, does anybody check?

And I readily admit, I am thoroughly enjoying watching the self-taught Christian camp counselor continuing to excel in virtually every match. :D
  2. bakerconch

bakerconch New Member

Personally, my wife and I love the show. Our 4-year old son does as well. We have not seen last nights episode yet, and we pulling for the camp counselor. As for Jake, if he is a SEAL, I feel bad for his team.
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jake is history and its about time that whinny baby goes home.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I really enjoyed the first two seasons. This one pretty much lost my interest frght from the beginning and I have not watched a complete show. My Grandson probably said it best - too much drama this season!
  5. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

Yeah am not into drama but I enjoy seeing the different stages they come up with for shooting and the different guns they use. I also pulling for the christian camp counselor hes done great so far.
  6. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

There is no way Jake is a seal or ever was. Whining crybabys do not make it to the seal team! His attitude was disgusting, I'm sure he is at home blaming everyone but himself...... He's is basically a sorry excuse for a man! I could not get over his actions!
  7. Juker

Juker New Member

8. Double D

Not one bit surprised. I am glad he quit. He will most likely file paperwork to the government to get some sort of compesation for his mistreatment while at top shot and possibly ongoing counceling to follow. He should qualify for a pension after all that.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  9. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

He made a good point. WHY DOES EVERYONE SAY THEY WERE A NAVY SEAL?! Im so skeptical haha
  10. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

Also did anyone notice that they are using ALOT MORE TANNERITE on the targets this season???
  11. Double D

Even if he was a seal, he has poorly represented them and I am certain his fellow seals are not happy. Seals dont walk away from a challenge and take their ball and go home pouting. I was hoping they would toss him off the show anyhow. Whiny baby.
  12. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

In glad that jake is gone
  13. Kenley

Kenley New Member

I like the firearms, but shooting while hanging from a vine suspended from a stealth fighter??
    I want to see a good old fashion bullseye, 2 gun match.
  14. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

I must admit I watch it but I am bitching most of the time. It is better though than what I saw presented this week on Discovery titled "American Guns". Again too much interpersonal conflict and not enough about guns. Shooting USA still ranks at the top of the list.
  15. Juker

Juker New Member

"Tonight on TOP SHOT - another test of practical real-world marksmanship. You'll be blindfolded and coverd with bees, and using this Frisbee, you'll have to ... "
  16. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

I would like to try to get on the show, just to see
  17. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

That makes two of us, maybe someday.
  18. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

its not played here , but youtube gives me some clips , i've a 16 year old girl in the junior shooters here that could whip any of what i have seen ..
  19. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

I also have watched all episodes from all years and I also was glad to not only see Jake go home but to see him humiliate himself to the max like he did. What a whinning loser.
  20. Clipper

Clipper Active Member

I don't care for "Survivor II" I don't even watch Survivor I, and Top Shot is so contrived it is laughable. Not for me. Impossible Shots on Wednesday Night at the Range is far more enjoyable....