Anyone carry more than one gun at a time?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by rnshooter, Feb 17, 2006.

1. rnshooter

rnshooter New Member

I carry a Beretta 9000s in a Don Hume IWB holster on the small of my right back side. I recently purchased a kimber custom II and would like to carry it as well. does anyone have any suggestions and hosters that they would recommend. thanks for your input.

be safe
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I have been known over the years to carry a Smith Chief's Special, now a Model 60, on the ankle along with my regular carry.

This was a daily thing in my work before I stepped down.
  3. I seldom carry a backup weapon unless I know in advance I'm going to be in a higher-risk area for some reason.

Rnshooter, there are some excellent ankle rigs out there if you like that sort of carry system. I don't, but you may. For the Kimber, I would recommend a Kramer holster if you want a belt carry. They are VERY expensive, but the finest craftsmanship I have encountered. Their MSP paddle is about the most comfortable I've ever encountered. For an IWB for either the Beretta or the Kimber, I would take a look at the Bianchi Professional Model 101. I don't generally like the Bianchi holster designs, but this one really works well for IWB. It is a clip-on that stays put and is actually comfortable to wear all day.
  4. xxxxxxl

xxxxxxl New Member

Sometimes, One on me, one in my briefcase and one concealed in my truck. :eek:
  5. Always one in my truck as well as on my person. Never know when one might need a little extra firepower.
  6. xxxxxxl

xxxxxxl New Member

Let me re-state; always one on me and one in the truck. The briefcase is optional depending where I am going. Heck I even have them broke down to summer and winter groups, depending on my clothes. Accessorizing for men. :D
  7. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

I have been known to carry a nothing 9x18 Mak, but once again it is a nothing second.

LTS
  8. ValleyBoy

ValleyBoy New Member

I sometimes carry a NAA Magnum as a BUG to my Pro 1911 .45.
  9. tucsonpilot

tucsonpilot New Member

I always have at least one pistol on me, but most of the time I have a backup in the truck. I have been known to carry an extra pistol on me when I am in high threat areas.
  10. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

There are 3 basic reasons to carry a backup gun. (Other than, you just want to!)

1 The loss or malfuction of your main pistol. Murphys LAW in spades!!!

2 You are fighting for control of your main pistol. Ths reason tends to go againsts ankle carry. I prefer weak side front or rear pocket carry.

3 You have to reload during a gun fight. This is especially true with revolvers.

Another thing is, if it's not withen arms reach during the fight it is of no use. I'm not against carrying a "spare" in your vehicle. Just remember if you are not in your vehicle when the confrontation starts it is of no use.

I was jokeing around with a man in the feed store. He was sharping a knife and made the comment, this is for you. Of cource "I replied don't bring a knife to a gun fight." He then laughed and said that he had a gun and 200 rounds in the truck. My reply was "you won't get to the truck".

A lot of people (police also) tend to think of their vehicle as "home base safe." That thinking will get you hurt or killed. Vehicles are poor cover. If your assailant knows you, or has been following you, they will be able to anticipate your moves. In a life and death confrontation that is NOT good. You should be able to engage or disengage from a confrontation with what you have at arms reach.
  11. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I couldn't have said it better than you did wolfgang. On points 1 3 and 3. Yep, lets hope not, and OK.
  12. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

Most don't know that during a masive adrenaline rush you loose fine motor fuctions. I've seen officers, who were both firearms enthusiast, reload during a fight. One got 3 rnds in, the other got 4 in, and that was useing speed loaders. Even with all the practise.
  13. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

The truck is its own finite situation. The truck is generally armed with an FN and a police model 870. This does everything from coyotes to rabid skunks.

I generally carry on the hip, and in a big way; I spell it .45 Colt, Smith single action. If I really feel the urge for concealment I carry a Walther PP in a custom shoulder holster. Didn't buy the holster to conceal; I actually bought it to keep the gun out of the way when I drop into tight spaces or otherwise can't spare the hip space.

I really think it is more likely I would give someone a good shoveling or what -for with a crescent wrench than actually going to the trouble of pulling a gun.
  14. ron8903

ron8903 New Member

Always two . G27,kel-tec 380
  15. Recon 173

Recon 173 Member

I've been known to carry a big bore pistol on me with a Kel Tec .32 acp in an ankle holster on occasions. I knew one guy, a cop, who carried up to 4 guns on him most of the time. On some special details it was rumored that he had as many as 6 guns on him.