Anyone carry more than one gun at a time?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by rnshooter, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Ursus

Ursus New Member

Who said concealed?;):D
  2. RMT

RMT New Member

Rarely, but it has been known to happen.
  3. Ford Truck

Ford Truck New Member

Franklin Township, DeKalb County, Indiana
    Frequently a 4" Smith & Wesson Model 28 Highway Patrolman and a 2 1/2" Smith & Wesson Model 66. Both loaded with 125 gr. jacketed hollowpoints and a Marlin 1894C in the truck loaded the same way.
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

The only time I tend to carry more than one is if one of them is a long gun. But I doubt that's the kind of carry you meant :D
  5. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I've been thinking about a second on an ankle holster or such, I mean you'd sure feel stupid if your were about to save the day and then all the sudden your gun just doesn't work. And as much as we all love and trust our particular carry guns, nothing works 100% of the time.

I'm also thinking I am going to grab my rifle next time I am at the parents and leave it in the trunk. Part of me hates to leave something in the car in case of theft... but like I've said before I don't carry to stop the would be mugger, I carry to stop the mass murderer in the mall who goes crazy. Look at the Hollywood shooting, can you imagine how much of a smaller deal that would have been if someone sitting outside the bank thought to pack their rifle in the trunk?

Particularly after watching the MythBusters with the bullet proof glass. I mean call it overkill, but nothing went through that glass like the Springfield M1903. And God knows I would kick myself hard if a Hollywood happened next door and I could have handed my M1903 to the officers!

Of course you can always up-arm yourself, maybe I need to throw an AT4 in the trunk, just in case ;)
  6. magusjinx

magusjinx New Member

More than one at a time? ... Hmmmmmmmmmm ...

One day (about 30 years ago) I had a ten-speed as a mode of transportation ... I was coming back from a day of plinking in the woods and was stopped by a county mounty ... Front basket help a daypack with spent brass and about 100 misc rounds ... Back rack had some paper targets and a bag of holey cans ...

As for me, left hip S & W model 10 .38 ... Right hip Ruger Super Blackhawk ... Across my back was a pair of Remington 700's in .223 and .308 ... Inverted between my shoulders was a custom scabbard with a pistol-gripped and shortened Mossberg 500 ...

Needless to say his first question was if any of them were loaded ... "Yup ... All of them" ... He then asked if I had a concealed permit to which I asked him if any of them were concealed ... The next week he bought me lunch at the local burger joint ...

Other than going shooting, if I am carrying I carry 1 ...