Anyone ever deal with... ( 1 2 )

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/30/02 5:27:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Anyone ever deal with...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ammotogo...?

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/30/02 6:08:24 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Anyone ever deal with...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If who your speaking of is the same person in the
    feeback link below, then I think you should be ok
    to deal with them.

Feedback link for Ammotogo:
    www.gunbroker.com

Got to the buyers forum over there and click on
    "View User Feedback" and enter the user name
    of the person, I tried to post the direct link but
    it won't post correctly.

TFF VMBB Email Tac

Edited by: Tac401 at: 7/30/02 7:40:52 pm

gpostal
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/2/02 7:41:05 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Anyone ever deal with...
    www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewUserFeedback.asp?User=95795

stan741
    (8/13/02 5:24:13 pm)
    Ivan643? He has a listing right now on the sell/trade section.I answered a post for a Turk cleaning rod back on May 29th.I sent him a check,he cashed it and I have yet to receive what I paid for.I have had several emails from him in which he stated it was on the way,then it had been returned, then he lost my mailing address.I emailed him last week that this was getting where it just wasn't worth it and would he please either send what I paid for or refund my money.Granted $4.50 is not a fortune but it has gotten to be the principle of the thing.To date I have had no email answers for the last twp weeks.I just emailed him again.
    When someone just ignores you it gets pretty frustrating and maddening.
    The more I listen, the more I hear......and vice versa.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/14/02 9:07:12 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Stan,

You should post this in our "Feedback" forum.

Also, did this transaction/problem you speak of
    originate from TFF's "Buy/Sell/Trade" forum? If
    so we'd like to know and we will look into this
    matter for you.

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

stan741
    (8/14/02 9:43:40 pm)
    No, to be truthful it did not happen here but on the Parallax forum.That is why I posted here as an inquiry rather that on the feedback column.
    I have sent him several emails just saying "Hey how about what we agreed on or send me a refund".He doesn't even have the politeness to answer emails.My contention is that if he will do it for a small amount,he will sucker someone for more.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/14/02 9:55:41 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    All the more reason then to also post in our feedback
    forum too.

Make it a new post instead of a reply, the more info
    shared on situations like yours, the better.
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

stan741
    (8/16/02 6:52:19 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Got email yesterday
    Well,finally I got an answering email yesterday.He said he was going to mail it today.After I recieve it I will post a few comments.

stan741
    (8/27/02 7:48:55 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: As of 8/27 no result.
    Still no finalization to this transaction.I do not wish to appear petty but I feel I was defrauded.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/27/02 10:22:25 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: As of 8/27 no result.
    That kind of stuff really makes me mad no matter who it happens too.

spudbest
    (8/27/02 10:37:01 pm)
    I too, have purchased a firearm from this individual. Sent my money order on the 8/09 in the amount of $60. He responded with an e-mail indicating he shipped on 8/19. I haven't received it yet. I have noticed on this and other forums that members indicated some family health issues. I believe he is a moderator on some forums. I am gritting my teeth and hoping that the problem is snail mail or (ups). If it is family problems than I can certainly understand those type of situations and the upset in daily routines that can be caused. Meanwhile I guess I will set back and wait a few more days......

I am posting this in the hopes that individuals realize s##t happens.

Roger

Edited by: spudbest at: 8/27/02 11:44:29 pm

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/28/02 1:09:23 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    If he/she is in fact a Member/ seller here, then he/she will be advised that it would be in he or she's best interest to explain accusations of non-compliance of this contract.

Admin

TFF VMBB Email Tac

spudbest
    (8/28/02 1:20:16 am)
    I will send an e-mail to this person immediately and see if I get a response, at least my e-mails have been replied to in the past. I don't want a misunderstanding to develp. This person does belong to 3 or 4 of the forums I have membership in. I promise to post the results, whatever they may be, within the next few days.
    Roger

Edited by: spudbest at: 8/28/02 3:15:54 am

stan741
    (8/28/02 6:58:17 am)
    I believe that the family emergency thing is acceptable if it is true to account for a certain amount of delay but in this case I have a tendency to not believe it.If you will look at this individual's profile and follow back to certain boards that he(by the way it is a HE) frequents you might get an eye opener.On one board he mentions that he is selling to buy a very expensive gun.If he has time to post to all the other boards then he has time to at least answer email.I guess if you want to buy something then you can fleece a little here and a little there and eventually have enough of other people's hard earned money to finance your own desires.
    I emailed him last night and gave him 24 hours to finalize the transaction or I would post a factual account of what has happened on any board I could find that he frequents.
    It now also appears that he has some of Spudbest' money also.So how many more are out there?
    He posted two Turks for sale on Parallax forum and there was some problem with that transaction also.
    This needs to be looked into and action taken by every forum administrator to ensure that no more of us are treated in such a manner.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/28/02 12:24:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    spudbest,

Thanks for pitching in to try and find out what the
    story is, that's one of the things that TFF's foundation
    is based upon, members helping other members as you
    are trying to do.

Thumbs Up To You!

TFF VMBB Email Tac

spudbest
    (8/28/02 10:50:49 pm)
    I appreciate the post. I have received a response and he idicated he is shipping to Stan741 and I today or tomorrow. I am going to give him another week, it is memmorial day weekend, before I post or take any more action. I will post a response here next week, or when I receive my Tula, whichever occurs first.

Roger

Edited by: spudbest at: 8/28/02 11:51:37 pm

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/29/02 6:05:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Thanks,

Please keep us updated, if all goes well then we will
    discuss lifting of this persons suspended account.
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/4/02 4:53:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: As of 8/27 no result
    Well, what ever happened here?

spudbest
    (10/4/02 8:39:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: As of 8/27 no result
    I received my firearm, lag time 4 weeks, heavily belt sanded on the stock and metal stock furniture. Varnished heavily (fittings also). Blue was damaged and spotty, from refinish (varnish) or plastic (shipping) wrapping? Not a representative piece for a Curio collector. Price was $60 shipped. I kept the firearm for parts. I would have enjoyed to have the piece in original condition, but I also know that others may not have the same perceptions.
    Roger

Edited by: spudbest at: 10/4/02 9:46:44 pm

stan741
    (10/6/02 10:58:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Nothing has happened.
    TAC, Thanks for your continued interest.Nothing has happened although I have sent three or four emails requesting a refund or merchandise.These, of course, have been ignored.I told Matt Brady in the last email which I sent you a copy that he was probably going to use the dressing down I gave him as a rationalization for not shipping or refunding and I was correct.
    I just hope no one else got stung by this gentleman.I soft pedaled it till Spudbest got his deal halfway straightened out although not to his satisfaction.Spudbest and I have exchanged several emails concerning this and I will say that he acted the perfect level headed gentleman in all ways.
    Suffice to say I hope you permanently ban Ivan643 as has also happened on other forums.
    Thank you again for your continued interest.You are a credit to the forum as well as your staff is.
    I will not forget.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (10/7/02 1:33:08 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Nothing has happened.
    Stan,

I'm sorry things didn't get straight for you, he will be
    permanently banned from this site and the folks who belong to and visit TFF will see this thread and the one in our
    feedback forum, and I will send out another email to him also!

From now on though, please always ask in here and or
    check feedback on folks before dealing with them, whether
    buying or selling.

Nothing worse than a deadbeat buyer or seller!

Regards, Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

stan741
    (10/7/02 7:48:03 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Nothing has happened.
    Thanks Tac. Nothing is going to happen so I just consider myself lucky that it wasn't much money.
    Checking beforehand is good and should be standard procedure from now on.
    I'm just glad we caught this one.
    Thanks again.