Anyone ever forget you are carrying?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jim brady, Aug 19, 2011.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    In most places the Church is just like a school, a no gun zone. That is why you have shooters showing up in Churches, they know no one has a gun, and can't stop them from killing as many people as they wish to. I carry in Church, not because I think I might need a gun, but because you never know when you will need one. Maybe on the way there, or maybe on the way home. It's concealed, so no one knows it's there but me. I have forgot so many times that I am carring untill it's not funny. Once in Washington DC we decided to hit some of the museums, I was pushing a wheel chair with a friend in it, and went right thru the metal detectors! They never noticed because the wheel chair set it off! That one made me sweat a little! When in the car driving, I keep my pistol uncovered by tucking my shirt tail in behind the pistol, sometimes I forget to pull the shirt out, and re-cover the pistol. So far I haven't had a problem, but I know it's got to happen sooner, or later. Someone's gonna call the cops!
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'd like to remember WHEN I COULD carry
  3. geds

geds New Member

Wait - How many shooters have shown up in church in the past 25 years? Do you attend unusual churches - because that is certainly not a common place occurrence around here!
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

If you do your homework, you will see that there have been MANY church related shootings in this country and yes, shooters look for places where people are vunerable. I am thankfull you havent had any problems in your area. We are pretty well prepared at our church.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    FAITH UNDER FIRE
    Church shootings
    on rise in U.S.

'Leaders must be prepared to defend congregations'
    Posted: December 15, 2007
    1:00 am Eastern
    By Bob Unruh
    © 2011 WND

Church shootings, in the headlines because of the attacks by Matthew Murray, 24, of Englewood, Colo., on two Christian groups last weekend, are on the rise across the United States, even though they're not yet at epidemic proportions.

Murray killed two people at a Youth With A Mission missionary training center in Arvada, Colo., early last Sunday morning, then apparently posted some rantings on the Internet, and drove to the New Life Church in Colorado Springs where he killed two teen girls. He also wounded half a dozen others before he was confronted by a church member volunteering as a security guard, and was shot.

A tabulation of church shootings, or those closely related to a church setting, was done by Gary Cass, chairman of the Christian Anti-Defamation Commission, and include 10 such attacks over the last four years, including Murray's two attacks.

Read more: Church shootings <I>on rise</i> in U.S. http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=45077#ixzz1VayVIayj
  6. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

why is that? for hundreds of years in America it was considered commonplace to bear arms in church. in fact, many settlements would have militia training right after service! this is just another little truth about American history that has been lost to PC, as is the fact that most localities required all homes to have firearms and munitions, and every adult freeman to train with the militia.
  7. Infidel

Infidel New Member

I like the turn this thread has taken.

There are two truths here.

1. Criminals like gun free zones, no matter where they are, including houses of worship.

2. If you like your religious freedom as outlined in the 1st ammend of the US Const. Then remember that you better support the 2nd. Because if the 2nd goes away, the next one is the 1st.
  8. geds

geds New Member

that was when the settlers lived under constant threat of attack from Native Americans or in the wild west where there was no local law enforcement.

Neither of those conditions have existed since the 1900s.
  9. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

right, now we have radical terrorists, gangster's, and psychopaths, who, unlike the criminals of times past, have absolutely no respect for churches. and the local law enforcement now is stretched so thin that they only arrive on time to investigate the murders.

the truth is, you are no safer in a church that forbids weapons than you are in a public school or out on the street.
  10. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    I've had the police called on me for packing a completely legal 6" sheath knife on my hip. I was heading out to go camping so I had it on in plain sight. It sucked when I got grilled infrint of a grocery store. It didn't make it better pulling my wallet out and a couple .12g shells fell out. Ug crappy day. :( stupid local paranoid so called cops. Who I see drinking beer and shooting issued guns at the river bar.
  11. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

I ALLWAYS carry.malls,stores.fairs,church,and even to court(if they want me to turn in my weapon at the door they get it)if not it stays on my side.I have earned my 2nd admendment right both with birth and 6 years in USMC and no man will take it away(or my 1911)You are not safe ANY WHERE I am a firm believer that no one will ever try to take us by land (just to many people armed) BUT the sick SOBs that we have here allready will keep doing what they do so you have to protect your family and yourself EVERYWHERE!!!.As for forgetting that i am carrying NO NEVER I am ALLWAYS aware i have on my sidearm I am allways checking its sercurity and that it is covered.....GOOFY