Anyone getting sick of ALL these political TV ads yet???

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by mjp28, Oct 1, 2012.

1. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Anyone getting sick of ALL these political TV ads yet???

I don't care if your Republican, Democrat, Independent, not political what do you think?

And do they work or just pizz you off?
  2. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Very weary and tired of the Robocalls as well.........
  3. jedwil

Oh yes, there are also the emails...................
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

What's with the "I'm Joe Blow and I approved this message" crap?

Was it just someone did it, a few years ago, and all the other politicians decided "Hey, that sounds cool. I'll say that too", or was there like an ad saying "George W rapes little girls", and Gore said, "Don't blame me. I didn't approve that ad", so now they all gotta say they approve them?
  5. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I believe back aways someone or some message was out there for a candidate and it was not approved by the candidate and a big deal was made about it.....so all this "offical sounding schtick" started.

And this post was approved by me. :lmao2:
  6. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

A few cycles ago, they passed a law that any ads put out by an actual official campaign had to have a tag line either that said "I approve this message" or else says who put on the ad if not a campaign, so the campaign can claim "Not me!" if it pisses people off.

It's supposed to keep the "cheap shot" and "lying" ads to a minimum but I'm not sure that works.

The other thing is I see you live in a "battleground" state, Ohio...the national parties are spending BIG bucks on ads in your state.

In Indiana we are seeing abolutely NO ads from Omama or Romney so far, which tells me it just might be a Romney lock, about the only ads I am seeing are Mourdock- Donnelly for Senate or Mike Pence/Gregg for Governor.

Actually kind of quiet on the advertising here....

I see more of that Office Max or Staples ad ( I don't even know WHO sponsored THAT ad!;)) about the two politicians abusing each other at the counter, then shaking hands over the "clean" campaign right when they show the "Honk if you had an affair with Taylor" signs and the smarmy smiling guy says "Looks Good!" all the time shaking Taylor's hand....LOL :D:D:D

It's getting old but I STILL chuckle over it....
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  7. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I was just going to say that, we're getting BURIED here in NE Ohio with ads for every race there is especially BO/MR.

It's really brutal from 4-7 the dinner, news hours....I'm wearing out my MUTE button!!!
  8. jedwil

How about the off button. Watch a dvd or go for a walk.........
  9. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

+1
  10. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

yep half way through the first one.
    I like to do my own reserch and then decide.
    Don't like being told what to belive.
  11. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

seems like they both gave up on this part of florida. don't see that many anymore
  12. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Problem is I want to watch the news or whatever and the same old broken record stuff goes on and on, but I'll bet the networks like the sold out ad time at good rates.

It's like months of Super Bowls on every channel for them :D
  13. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I have been sick of them for the last year and a half. These people are like the stores with christmas stuff. They have been putting out christmas stuff for over a month now.
  14. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Today's Oct. 1, election is Nov. 6, OMG!!! :eek:

Maybe they'll run out of money before then.:rolleyes:

(and my ballot app is on my desk, mailing it in tomorrow, geezzzz)
  15. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for one of the bozo's to tell me what they are going to do FOR me, and not what their opponent is going to do TO me.:bleh:
  16. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

I know but the Grinch costumes are fun to wear in the stores :D
  17. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

Not to many ads in Cali either. This state is a lock for Odumbass. I've seen a few but not enough to get sick over yet. Well let me rephrase. Their hasn't been enough Romney ads to get sick over. Any ad or anything else that shows Odumbass's face makes me sick
  18. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have yet to see one. Thats because I refuse to watch them. I refuse to allow obozos face or voice in my house so I mute the TV or change the channel and I mute the TV for ANY political ads, period. I already know what my duty is as an american citizen and I will make sure I go do it on election day.
  19. FreeSovereign

FreeSovereign New Member

Yip, Double D, we gave up broadcast TV 3 years ago and do not miss it a bit. We watch DVD's of approved material for the children. I had become numb to the downgraded filth spewed from the big 4. I am amazed what people will watch when we visit those with broadcasted programs. A society ''is'' what it deems as entertainment.
  20. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I dont have time or the inclination to watch TV. My wife constantly keeps netflix of dvds in, so unless I flip to the weather channel, I dont see mainstream tv. Wish I didnt see most of what my wife puts on, but I married her so there's no going back........ If I broke the TV we would go broke when she replaced them while I was at work.