Anyone getting sick of ALL these political TV ads yet???

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by mjp28, Oct 1, 2012.

1. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

I know but the Grinch costumes are fun to wear in the stores :D
  2. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

Not to many ads in Cali either. This state is a lock for Odumbass. I've seen a few but not enough to get sick over yet. Well let me rephrase. Their hasn't been enough Romney ads to get sick over. Any ad or anything else that shows Odumbass's face makes me sick
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have yet to see one. Thats because I refuse to watch them. I refuse to allow obozos face or voice in my house so I mute the TV or change the channel and I mute the TV for ANY political ads, period. I already know what my duty is as an american citizen and I will make sure I go do it on election day.
  4. FreeSovereign

FreeSovereign New Member

Yip, Double D, we gave up broadcast TV 3 years ago and do not miss it a bit. We watch DVD's of approved material for the children. I had become numb to the downgraded filth spewed from the big 4. I am amazed what people will watch when we visit those with broadcasted programs. A society ''is'' what it deems as entertainment.
  5. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I dont have time or the inclination to watch TV. My wife constantly keeps netflix of dvds in, so unless I flip to the weather channel, I dont see mainstream tv. Wish I didnt see most of what my wife puts on, but I married her so there's no going back........ If I broke the TV we would go broke when she replaced them while I was at work.
  6. nevadal

nevadal New Member

I live in Nevada & was getting about 20 robo calls per day, hooked my old fax up to the phone to answer in 1 ring.....anybody I want to talk to has my cell number.

I have a DVR, and only watch what I record.....fast forward all commercials.
    I agree, most of broadcast TV is garbage.
  7. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

And then there's Honey Boo Boo! Proof if any is needed that the world is about to go down the crapper
  8. sharpie443

sharpie443 New Member

OMG yes i am. I swear to god if i hear that one that starts out "Gotta get up" one more fing time I'm going to scream. I have heard it no less them 5 times today.
  9. rogertc1

rogertc1 Member

Yep.. all bull crap taken out of context. A Dem Congress run against a Rep- Archer has an ad hope the Rep worked at a business that sent work out of the country....LOL
    He worked for JoHN Deere MFG as a lawyer and the Dems demonize him as in an un-american business. Stupid.
    The Democrat Loebsack is a former liberal college professor / profesional politition.
  10. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I also don't really have cable anymore. I watch all my shows from the internet where someone has captured the show stripped all the ads out and then I download it. So I don't care anymore really.

NO I am not putting on a grinch costume.
  11. al45lc

al45lc New Member

Yes and no, I like to analyze them for content.
    Our most recent one here in Colorado is a fella in Pueblo complaining about being laid off from a wind turbine manufacturer and how Romney is for "big oil", and isn't in touch with the 'little guy'.
    Hmm, he got laid off from a "green energy" company under the Obama administration?
    And what has that to do with big oil, or Romney for that matter?
    And how is his position different from those on our Western Slope who were laid off from "big oil" when that idiot Salazar closed all those oil leases out there?
    The fella in Pueblo is a bozo, His 'boy' in Washington was supposed to keep him and his green energy company going, nothing to do with Romney.
    But hey, the great unwashed and illiterate part of the 47% will just jump on a bandwagon whenever they can to diffuse the issue that they aren't all that employable.
    And 'Rich' Republicans are always good for the blame game to these people.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  12. 01brian

01brian New Member

We turned off Cable and Satalite. I don't watch Regular TV and have no commercials. LOVE IT. I do hear a few on the radio, but when they come on, I just turn it off too. BUT to answer your questions, I am sick of what adds I do hear....mostly cause the ones running here are Liberal Dem's BS Lies!!!
  13. rogertc1

rogertc1 Member

I already voted Republican and follow poilitics . ads and all.
  14. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Here in NE OHIO they still are on the TV blah, blah even more since debate #1.

Both candidates have been here 17+ times.

Today GOP NJ Governer Christe was outside a union GM plant in Lordstown, OH.

.....and nobody seems to be able to win the election without winning Ohio, oh geezzz another month of TV endless crap.
  15. robman2629

robman2629 New Member

I cant believe the amount of money these people spend just to try and get your vote. Our streets are lined with little signs for candidates and I receive something in the mail everyday for someone new, sometimes even the same thing. You can't watch tv without hearing an ad for a local or national person. This is rediculous.