Anyone getting sick of ALL these political TV ads yet???

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by mjp28, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Conman

Conman Member

I would literally love to see political campaigns limited to SIXTY days............

More than enough time for candidates to make their pitch for election!!!

PLEASE................:):)
  2. mranum

mranum Member

We here in Wisconsin have gone from political ads from 2010 and after Walker got it here it continued right into a recall and still continues. Broadcasters have made a bundle on advertising here!!!

My "mute" button is just about shot and about ready to have my land line disconnected since 99.995% of all incoming calls are political anymore.
  3. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I feel lucky to live in Texas. My state has been written off by the Dems, I guess. So, we haven't been overwhelmed with Obama or Romney ads. Do get some state stuff. And we get, at least, 3 calls a night from the GOP and almost daily calls from some gun rights outfit. Thankful for caller ID.
  4. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

The bitter sweet of Cali, is its a forgone conclusion we're gonna give our 55 votes to obama. So fortunately not all that many pres adds here. Some, but not a lot/ And let me just say, there is a lot more bitter than sweet
  5. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I saw today they've spent over $6,000,000 just on TV ads in the Ohio Senate race and three more brutal weeks to go.

Oh BTW:

The current salary (2011-2012) for rank-and-file members of the House and Senate is $174,000 per year.

Senate Leadership
    Majority Party Leader - $193,400
    Minority Party Leader - $193,400

House Leadership
    Speaker of the House - $223,500
    Majority Leader - $193,400
    Minority Leader - $193,400

A cost-of-living-adjustment (COLA) increase takes effect annually unless Congress votes to not accept it.

See anything out of whack here? Is the system totally screwed up?

I really love the don't vote, don't act and get a raise part....try that with your boss. ;)

.....edit add, I muted the TV twice while typing this of commercials I've probably seen 50 times during the NBC Nightly News, more surely on the way.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  6. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I saw where they had a debate again today (I didn't watch). It's been mean, nasty, name-calling a real circus.

They said the total money spent on this Senate race is the most in the USA, ~$27,000,000.

Wow for a ~$174,000/yr job.....so who owes whom now? Anybody? Nobody?