The Firearms Forum banner

ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT ON AMERICAN TACTICAL 1911 .45ACP

Tags
3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  breezeby 
#1 ·
Received one as a gift from my parents. Looks nice and seems to be well manufactured. Have not got to fire it yet.Waiting for ammo ...

#3 ·
I own one. Good shooter so far. Overall good gun for the money.

#7 ·
Picked up an ATI Government about a year ago. So far have put around 800 rounds down the barrel without a problem. It is very accurate and a lot of fun to shoot. It is very tight and will made. The finish may not be a good as some of the more expensive brands but for the price you can't beat it.

#8 ·
Philipines made, decent shooter. They have a good customer support. I have a Commander by them (Metro) and it handles well.
ATI is the North American distributor for Shooters Arms Manufactures (S.A.M.) a Philippine company that manufactures the Tactical 1911.

MetroArms is a different company also located in the Philippines and they make the American Classic models.

The third Philippine company is Armscor and they make the Rock island Armory 1911's. Armscor is the largest and oldest of the three companies.

#9 ·
I looked at an ATI last week at my local gun shop. I liked the look of the 4 inch barrel and the slide was as slick as owl doo doo. I came very close to buying it, but went with the Springfield Range Officer instead, which was almost twice the price of the ATI. The shop owner said that he has sold several of them and no one has had any complaints with them.

#10 ·
I have some input on the American Tactical - if you don't like it, you can give it to me and I won't mind :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.