Anyone having trouble with Firefox?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alpo, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Whenever a new one comes out it automatically upgrades. Since this last upgrade it will go along and get slower and slower. I'll be typing something, and look up and find that my cursor stopped six words back. Then, all of a sudden, crash.

I get this page asking if I want to send a crash report. I tell it "yes", and it says, "There was a problem sending your report". I delete that page, and then it reloads.

This happens five or six times a day. I ran malware, AVG, Ad-Aware and Crap Cleaner. Got rid of a bunch of cookies. Having to re-login to every place I go. Didn't solve the problem.

It's gotten so bad, I'm using Internet Explorer right now, and I hate IE. But at least it hasn't crashed yet.
  2. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

I haven't had any problems with Firefox, yet, but my time is probably coming.
  3. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Ditto what Tom said.
  4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

The Firefox I'm running in Linux is fine. Very very few problems. Must be a problem with Winblows:p:D

I learned a long time ago to NEVER upgrade to a newer version of anything. Find a version that works and stick with it. The "upgrade" almost always runs crappier than the old version, and then you're stuck with it until you upgrade a few more times to find a version that works:mad:
  5. fmacsin1

fmacsin1 New Member

My Firefox is running fine. Now that I've jinxed myself. . .
  6. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Agreed, I turn off the auto upgrade.
  7. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

+1. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
  8. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Thats exactly what happened to me... i no longer use Firefox and it has been removed from my computer...

mike
    gn
  9. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

Had trouble when win 98 and XP, but with vista not having any problem. runs a lot better
    than IE.
  10. SARG

SARG Member

I suspect it has more to do with the amount of Ram in your computer than the browser.

I had similar issues when using the original 256 ram. Upgraded to max out the machine with 2 gb and the problems went away.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  11. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Wait till you go to get rid of Firefox. That program is like a virus. It has something like 20 or 30 registery domains when you download it and half are unde4r a seperate name than firefox. PIA
  12. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Google a program called super anti spyware. It's fre and it will remove anything from your computer without the old thing at the end telling you it found this but to remove it you have to buy it. This program saved me a few times.
  13. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

The original version of FireFox had system issues hogging memory. Every newer version uses less. If you're using the AVG Firewall, the newest version has some issues with a short "hang time" to load pages off the net. This was "supposed" to be cured a month ago. FireFox is faster than IE, but uses IE to work.:confused:
    Hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete, that'll open the Windows task manager. Clk on the Processes tab and see what's running. Enter the .exe file name in a Google search bar and sites will tell you what the function is, and if it can be shut down with no ill effects. Make sure you enter them exactly like they are spelled, caps and lower case. Some malware will have the same spelling as a legit Windows .exe file, but be one letter off. There's a bunch that start when you boot up that you don't need running, and they hog CPU resources.
    If you're using XP, try resetting your paging file capacity to Windows managed size. There's a lot of functions that use the paging file as RAM, if it's not big enough, it'll slow things down.
    Another thing that will speed up your bandwidth speed is cutting the power to your box for about 10 mins, then turning it back on. That'll flush all the DNS files and speed thing up.
    Another thing lately (past couple of weeks), hackers have been in full attack mode on servers, it's slowing everything down. Most IP providers have been upgrading their security systems, and it's slowly starting to pick back up.
  14. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Mine is working well. Starting to get the hang of it. Hardly go to IE anymore.
  15. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Ive been using Google Chrome and haven't had any problems at all. Runs slick as a referee's whistle in a jello wrestling match.