1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Anyone hear about this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pipskicks, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Pipskicks

Pipskicks New Member

I didn't watch it, but at the "people's choice awards", they gave Farenheit 9/11, the BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!!!
    What's up with that crap??!?!!?!?!?!
    Even the liberal radio station was bad-mouthing that decision!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the gripe, and I hope this isn't against forum-rules, just trying to see if you guys heard of it and are as pissed as I am about it.
  2. Texas_Shooter

Texas_Shooter New Member

Yeah I saw that and it stinks! What really makes this bad is that average people voted for it and not the celebrities. The good news is that the Passion won and it will be excluded from the Oscars.
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

They also voted Will & Grace as the best sitcom, from what I hear.

I think this says a lot about America. God help us all.
  4. Pipskicks

Pipskicks New Member

But the thing was, it wasn't even seen by 1/2 the movie goers is what they were saying on the radio...it wasn't even a real movie, it was a fake documentary using Hairy-style C&P.

Makes me angry that that filth was voted in, what also makes me angry is that they played a clip of his acceptance speech and he said that he loves this country, and the country isn't lost yadda yadda yadda. If he really loves this country, why does he go to every other country and bad-mouth us????? The quotes I have seen from his speaking at China, Germany etc. you would think that this guy is trying to START wars not bad-mouth them.
    He makes my blood boil :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Will and Grace= :eek: puke
  5. ruger270man

ruger270man New Member

I have a theory. All the liberals think meaningless things like movie awards and online polls mean everything, so all of the liberal blogs and forums post links to such polls, and they are all sure to vote for the liberal choice. Which is why all of the online polls after the debates went by a large margin to John Kerry, but the gallup results, where the polls are scientific, were much different.

Dont sweat it.. besides.. who won the election again? :D
  6. crittergitter

crittergitter New Member

Pipskicks, have a cigar and relax.

They don't ask people in Idaho, South Dakota, or Alabama to vote.

Hollywood votes. Nantucket Island votes. Martha's Vinyard votes.

Ya think maybe the polls are a bit skewed? :rolleyes:

It's all in a small circle, and it's meaningless. Those people just love to pat themselves on the back.

They have to. No one else will.... ;)
  7. Pipskicks

Pipskicks New Member

You're all right that it doesn't mean much, was a ridiculous award (you know they had a best animated character???? no wait, get this, not the actor voicing the character, the best ANIMATED CHARACTER, that cracks me up). It doesn't bug me so much that the movie got an award, it's just the type of award it got, it would seem that that movie would be the last to win best picture, but if it got best documentary (which should be fake documentary but it's not worth my time to argue) then it would make total sense.

Oh well, screw hollywood and screw my damn state!!!!
  8. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Pips, you either lay down and roll over, or stand up and fight back! :mad:
    Up for a fight? I gotchur Back! ;) :D
  9. Eagle Guns

Eagle Guns New Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005