Anyone in Las Vegas reload .308? (or LA)

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by piratemike, Jun 8, 2012.

1. piratemike

piratemike New Member

I have 500 bullets I would like to reload but do not know anyone with the equipment, nor do I have any experience with reloading. I would rather not invest in my own equipment as this will not be a regular thing for me.

Is there anyone on here in the Las Vegas area that would be willing to let me use their equipment and give me a crash course on using it? I am willing to pay you for your time of course.

I will also be in the LA area this summer if someone there can help.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  2. piratemike

piratemike New Member

Anyone even have any advice on where to look or who to talk to?
  3. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Get 2 reloading manuals and read them. Once done buy a reloading kit and some dies just keep it packed away while youre not using it. Powder and primers will keep for a really really long time if kept cool and dry and the reloading equipment will serve you well for decades under normal use, so very light use will be like using brand new equipment each time you do take it out. You mentioned paying someone for their time, and you also mentioned having 500 projectiles to reload. 500 rounds of .308 would take the better part of a day to complete. so lets do some math..

The average american salary is ~$47K/year. divide that by 365 and you get what the average american makes in a day. $128.77, so if you paid someone for a day of their time based on the average you spend what it would cost you to buy a LEE anniversary kit and dies for .308. add some powder and bullets and you may as well make the investment and learn to do it for yourself.

If you shoot your guns any at all it is a very worthwhile investment.