Anyone in the San Angelo TX area?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jjmitchell60, Feb 3, 2012.

1. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    My youngest, Jesse, will be at USAF Goodfellow for a couple of months of supervisor training. Anyone in that area willling to show a KY hillbilly a good place to eat or some place for him to have some fun? He has not been there since 2 years ago and he did all he could back then so he is looking for anything new to do.

He got the call this mourning offering him the supervisor training because his buddy, E-5 and longer time in service than Jesse, turned it down so as to be at Langley when his wife graduates college. Jesse jumped at it being it will look good on his record, add more pay, and help him get the sand box posting he put in for later this year.

So look out TX, a KY hillbilly is heading that way and he can eat all the cows in TX as a snack!!!!!
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

My sister in law is stationed in the AF there. We are about 4 hours east of San Angelo. Ill have the wife give Jackie a buzz and see hwats to do over there. Last i was there I couldnt even find a gunshop near Jackies house. Best i could do was an academy sports in town..
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Jackie says look up the san angelo gun club. thats about all thats out there if you arent in college. And most of the good restaurants are in town off the highway.
  4. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

I've taught some classes there for their fire department. Never found a good restaurant.