Anyone know about Dmitry Orlov?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 45Auto, Sep 29, 2011.

1. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

I have not read any of his books, but the way I understand it, he compares the conditions leading to the collapse of the USSR with the present conditions here in the USA. Orlov thinks we are headed for a similar fate, but that Americans are not as well prepared to deal with a financial collapse as the people of the Soviet Union were..... Thoughts?
  2. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

I think it will be WORSE than what the soviets went through, multiplied by the fact that Americans are NOT ready to deal with anything remotely close to a depression/collapse.
  3. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

graehaven,

That's what Orlov is saying. That we don't know our neighbors and lack the ability to work with them cooperatively. That Americans live more isolated lives than the Soviet people did. Most Americans have no skills to fall back on to make a living.... etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitry_Orlov
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I haven't read any of his books either, but after reading wiki's short bio, I think he is probably spot on. I live out in the boonies, I have little, to no contact with my neighbors. If I wanted to trade ammo for a goat, I would have to walk a couple of miles, to 10 miles, to find someone with goats to trade, and only then if I have what they want, or need.
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

6. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

He (and other posters on his blog) pastes a grim picture, and I'm all too afraid he may be right.
  7. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Gee fellas that is the old way of thinking. Nowadays we just print the money we need. No worries. :rolleyes::confused::mad:

All this time we been doing it all wrong. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

We just needed a Kenyan to show us all how foolish we have been.